How long to you work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    12-30 min of interval training, pushing as hard as I can.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    in one week I do 3 or 4 forty five minute sessions at the gym where I do about 20 minutes HIIT on the treadmill, cross trainer and rower, interspersed with squats, lunges, planks and dumbbell exercises. I also do another 2 or 3 hours of Pilates, Zumba or home DVDs across the week. I've been doing this for about three weeks, previously I did 5 days a week of steady state cardio and weight machines for 1 hour at a time.
    I have no results to speak of yet neither on the scales nor in inches so I will be following thus thread with interest. maybe I'm not doing enough...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    diet is number one. some people can exercise for hours. i can do 3 that's not typical or recommened, I've done it only a handful of times. I normally aim for 20minutes=30/40 (at home workout) and 1 solid hour at the gym (give or take 5-10minutes)
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    60 min's of cardio....7 days a week. :-)

You are such a Rock Star and my inspiration! :wink:
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I ran 1 hr 13 min today...., i'm worth it!

(psst...,If it’s important you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll find an excuse.)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I am barely able to put in 30 minutes when i workout, but I push myself the whole time.

How long are you able to workout? Do you push yourself the whole time, or do you pace yourself?

It depends in which workout I'm doing on a given day.

My runs vary from 30 min or so on an easy day to over an hour for the longer runs (and wil going longer as I push my volume getting ready for a half marathon in May). When I first started running a few years ago I had to push myself through every step, now it's (most days) pure bliss.

Strength sessions run anywhere from 30 to 60 min. I still have to push myself to get started with a weight session but love the way I feel when I'm finished.

On my bike I can ride for hours - my longest ride the last couple of years has been a 100km fundraiser.

Swimming is still a struggle. I swim for an hour with my tri club most Saturday mornings - it's frustrating, for me running 10km has become fairly routine but swimming exhausts me.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i do 40 minutes 5-6 times a week, there are times when i might go more than 40 minutes but i try not to go under. before i found MFP i wasnt calorie counting and was busting my *kitten* on workouts of 60-90 minutes 5 days a week with zero results. now i have the right balance of diet and excercise and its working :)
  • FitnessJules87
    Options
    I am barely able to put in 30 minutes when i workout, but I push myself the whole time.

How long are you able to workout? Do you push yourself the whole time, or do you pace yourself?

What is the workout?

45-50 min of strength training and 20 min of cardio after...less (with enough intensity) is always more with weight training.

Circuit training, high intensity.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    On my gym days I aim for 70 minutes between elipitcal, treadmill and this cool video bike. I don't normally do all three. I usually burn about 500 calories or so and work up a pretty good sweat. I try to get short walks in on the days that I don't get to the gym. Also, I am just beginning to use my weight strenghing machine thing that I have been letting to get dusty.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    10-20 minutes of intense exercise, or approximately 2 hours of walking.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i do 40 minutes 5-6 times a week, there are times when i might go more than 40 minutes but i try not to go under. before i found MFP i wasnt calorie counting and was busting my *kitten* on workouts of 60-90 minutes 5 days a week with zero results. now i have the right balance of diet and excercise and its working :)
    I think that's where my problem is. I'm putting in the hours of hard exercise but haven't yet found my magic number of calories that will lead to consistent weight loss! At the moment I'm consuming between 1500 and 2200 net. I guess I'll find that magic spot one day :-)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    30 mins cardio and 20 min circuit training. 6 days a week.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Everyday for about 2 Hrs total, enough to burn at least 1200 Calories