how accurate is this sites BMR and DTE?

Options
MFP has me at 1200 calories plus i eat my exercise back (usually 800-900),so I eat around 2000 a day, which MFP says I would then loose 1.3 pounds a week

someone recommended this site

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced...

According to this my BMR is 1513 and TDE is 3496, to lose 2lbs a week I should eat 2530

wondering if anyone else has used the info from this site? Is it pretty accurate? I've been stalled/ and always hungry for about a month. I know I've been eating badly, (lots of fast food and banquets or parties) so that could account for the stall.

Replies

• seamonkey789
    Options
    I didn't think those were accurate, but I could be wrong. I had done a medical study a few years ago and had my BMR measured by sitting in a bubble without moving for a while
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful eating back the exercise calories. I use a Heart Rate Monitor to get a more accurate calorie burn and MFP's exercise database really overstates the calorie burn, sometimes by hundreds of calories. I do Zumba for an hour once a week and burn around 500 calories per my heart rate monitor and MFP's database for Cardio Dance will say 700 or so calories.