Adding in weight lifting question

Options
On lots of things I've read, it says to lift different muscle groups on different days. I would rather just lift every other day and do a circuit of the equipment in the gym, working out all my muscle groups on the same day. Is that bad? In HS I played sports and we would work on all muscle groups in one day when working out and nothing bad happened....help.

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes that is fine, so long as you take rest days in between. I think alot of people want to be at the gym everyday and that is why they alternate.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I actually think that beginners SHOULD do full body routines every other day (or Mon, Wed, Fri). That's what I do to. Just make sure you find a good program. I'd suggest New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, or Strong Lifts.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    start with compound lifts squats, dead lift, bench press, shoulder press, rows

pick up the book new rules of lifting for women

go to

www.startingstrength.com

www.stronglifts.com
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I actually think that beginners SHOULD do full body routines every other day (or Mon, Wed, Fri). That's what I do to. Just make sure you find a good program. I'd suggest New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, or Strong Lifts.

damn I type too slow