I feel like a P.I.G

Options
So I'm new to this site and new to "eating my workout calories". I enter as much food as I can (that I know about lol) for the day first thing in the morning. Also, since I can't exercise first thing every day, I enter my planned workout for that evening. This way, I know how many calories I need to consume during the day so I'm not left with a deficit after working out in the evening. Good Lord I feel like a hog!

I am eating very healthy ... Whole fruits and veggies.... Whole grain breads.... Lean meats etc.

TONS OF WATER. My employers are considering moving my name plate to the restroom door.

The thing is, it's hard to eat all these calories when, until now, I was avoiding what I thought was excess calories. I know it works though. In 2 days of using the food/exercise guide on this site, I've lost a pound. I wan't wait to update Sunday!!!

So excuse me while I go pig out on a banana -Raw 1 small - 6" - 7" - 90 calories. HA!

Have an awesome day!

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    lol, I feel the same way. Like i do nothing but EAT all day, and it freaks me out because that's what got me here in the first place :laugh: but 12 pounds in two weeks? apparently there is a way to stuff your face and lose weight at the same time :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Ha! You are so funny! That was part of my breakfast, too. I am having a hard time myself with the whole bathroom thing. I have never consumed so much water in my life. It is a wonderful thing, though, because it does keep my hunger down. (Which I had been told in the past was mistaken hunger when I was really only thirsty.) I travel around my county for my job (which resulted in my fast food diet) and I am in and out of different facilities all day. One place might be only 5 minutes from another or I may be on the road for an hour and a half. Well, it is the funniest (and embarrassing) thing when I am racing in to these places, going past the secretaries, waving, "I'll be right back," and barely able to hold it until I finally make it to the potty! I bet I look funny bouncing across the offices, crossed legs, and desparation on my face! :) Whew! Ha! Anyway, good job on the calorie counter as well. I am having a ball with mine. I love being able to see what I am eating, what it really is, and how exercise does help with reducing caloric intake. Well, actually giving you more calories to consume. Anyway, great job! I haven't decided how often to weigh myself, though I couldn't help but get on the scales yesterday. 1lb. That's a start! Have a delicious day!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been using this site almost 2 weeks. Most days after my workouts I'll have anywere from 500 to 800 calories left, but if I'm not hungry I wont have anything. As long as your getting over 1200 calories a day I wouldnt worry about having a few hundred calories left after a hard workout.
    Watch how much water your drinking, if you get too much more than you need you could develop hyponatremia (water intoxication) and that can be fatal if its not treated right away. As far as running back and forth to the bathroom, I work at a credit union and I go back and forth about 8 times a day, so I know how you feel! Its good exercise though, right?
  • PonyGirl34
    PonyGirl34 Posts: 29
    Options
    I travel some for my job and I'm the same way! "Hello, can I use your restroom?" And then we can get to business. lol At work, I am THE farthest distance from the restroom a person could get in this building.

I have read some about water intoxication. I pretty much stick to normal recommendations, but you are so right...can't be too careful!

So if it's okay to leave that many calories on the table as long as I get 1200 net, I won't force myself to eat if I'm just not hungry.

You guys are awesome.