Sport Relief Run

Options
Hey all!

Who is doing a Sport Relief run tomorrow be it 1, 3 or 6 miles?!

I'm doing the 6 mile one in Wem, Shropshire and looking to get a time of about 48 minutes?

Which are you doing, what time do you aim to complete it in!? Any fancy dress?!

I normally wouldn't eat anything special before a race of this size because it's shorter than my usual run, but to be honest after an accidentally carb induced evening before a race (read very drunk and lots of food!) I ran a race the next day hungover and got a PB!

So I'm using this as an excuse to eat a little more tonight than I would have! Pasta, chicken and veg and a mini ice cream to finish and some small veggie sushi later!

Anyways, good luck to all! I'm really excited! 2nd race this year and a fun one too!

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great time! I'm hoping to do the 6 mile around the one hour mark, not sure how the mini heat wave we're having will affect me, I've only been running since October, so this sunshine and warmth lark is all a bit new to me!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    6 miles, just aiming to get round.

lost my race number though - not sure what to do. . . ?
  • becka63
    Options
    Go on their website and see if you can contact them. If you have your letter, take that along with you for tomorrow, or any email confirmation. Good luck everyone!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm excited now!!!! Eating pasta with mangetout, carrots, okra and leeks side veg and a chicken, tomato, olive and onion sauce! No cheese! :) x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    have fun. i'm nervous!
  • becka63
    Options
    Just got back from mine, lovely sunny day, did suddenly feel HOT on the run. Did it in just over 57 min, so that, by definition of it being my first run, is my PB! But it's also my PB from my training runs too, so am doubly proud. Going to have a relaxing day in the sun, having a BBQ and just admiring my medal! Well done everyone else who did it!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Did mine much faster than I'd estimated, which was kind of cool. :-)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Did their route in 48 mins! But Nike+ said it was 600m short so I ran 'til it said 6 miles (9.6km) and that took me 50 mins! Well done all! Great weather too! xx
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I think ours was a little short too. And the marshalling was very poor (they misdirected us completely at one point!)

But I still had lots of fun, and am looking forward to my next 10k. :-)