Lost some weight at a work challange

Options
Hello :)

I've just joined MFP today because I've lost weight (11 pounds) over the last few months with colleagues at work during a weight loss challenge. It's about to end but the weekly support and weigh-ins really helped so I'm wondering if this site can help to motivate me. Where can I look for a group interested in doing weekly weigh-ins and positive support?

Also, I just logged my food and exercise and I'm a little concerned that MFP said I still had 800 calories left to eat after I already ate about 1900. That doesn't seem right to me.

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. It's a great place to get healthy. It has literally changed my life.

You haven't said what ur current weight is so I don't know what mfp has set as ur calorie goal. Depending on what u have also set as ur daily activity level will also determine how many cals u can eat. Lastly when u log exercise calories burned it will subtract them from ur total ate so far and give u a net total.

Hope this makes sense. Add me as a friend if u like. I've only started in Jan and having motivating friends us definately helping me.
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks Claire, that helps. It just seems that when I work out MfP adds a lot more calories to my allowance....more than I would feel comfortable eating while I'm trying to stay on track.