How to balance mental, physical and spiritual?

Options
2»

Replies

• TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Some of us just have to be dilligent all our lives. I have lost 50+ pounds several times and the last time lost 80 lbs. in 8 mos. and have gained 15 back. All this time, I have never stopped exercising! I unfortunately am not lifting heavy (used to lift over 100 lbs) so my metabolism slowed due to less muscle mass. I have been injured for over a year so I do what I can, but it is still frustrating!
    Finding balance is the most difficult for me. I'm usually all or nothing.....weighing and measuring food, or eating an entire pizza! However, most of my weight issues lately are due to injuries and not exercising to my norm.
    Maintaining health is just a never ending battle....I'm not blessed with having good joints, a stable metabolism but blessed with gaining weight easily! LOL
    I am working towards changing careers and moving into the fitness field so it can be a healthy 24/7 obsession! I do love health and fitness and if I'm working with others on change, I have to keep myself on my toes. I already have worked in a gym and it did make me feel accountable as I don't like to be a hypocrite! (Believe me there are trainers out there with horrible eating habits...they just get away with it due to high metabolic rate)
    Well I guess one needs to look within to find the answers. I know my take is by helping others through the stuggle, it keeps me on target and I know I can keep going as I love exercise and feeling good. I enjoy eating heatlhy, just get sick of cooking all the time. To me, eating a sandwich is unhealthy! (bread = high sugar = excess sugar = bodyfat.
    Well be creative would be my only advice.....try ways to trick yourself into making this fun.....i play a game with weighing my food....seeing if i can estimate it and play the price is right...granted (weight is right!)
    Good luck and Happy health!
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think this is such a great topic. I think the best way to keep going is to quickly recognize when you are loosing focus and keep steering back. Like a plane takes off right and goes towards a directions, but it is actually off course like 90% of the time because it is always over correcting for getting off course, but it always has that final destination in sight, so the pilots just keep steering in that "direction". Just remember your direction, when you get off track- self correct - and keep going towards your target. I think a lot of people (myself in the past included) just think that getting off tract (loosing focus) means you can't reach your destination- THAT IS SOOOOO WRONG!!! You may get there slower- but you'll get there!!!!

like one mistake doesn't need to end the journey. It is just a bump in the road that you can get over. Thanks.
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    Options
    Finding balance is the most difficult for me. I'm usually all or nothing.....weighing and measuring food, or eating an entire pizza! ...Maintaining health is just a never ending battle....I'm not blessed with having good joints, a stable metabolism but blessed with gaining weight easily! LOL ...Well I guess one needs to look within to find the answers. I know my take is by helping others through the stuggle, it keeps me on target and I know I can keep going as I love exercise and feeling good. I enjoy eating heatlhy, just get sick of cooking all the time. To me, eating a sandwich is unhealthy! (bread = high sugar = excess sugar = bodyfat.
    Well be creative would be my only advice.....try ways to trick yourself into making this fun.....i play a game with weighing my food....seeing if i can estimate it and play the price is right...granted (weight is right!)
    Good luck and Happy health!

this is great advice...let the games begin:laugh:
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    Options
    bump
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Pour that upfront initiative into making the entire process easier. Get into a routine where it doesn't take 8 hours to plan and cook your meals. Find a workout routine that doesn't have you in the gym ad nauseum.