Trouble with Constipation since I started eating clean.

Options
13»

Replies

• SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. If I eat like crap I'll go 1-2 times a day. I eat healthy and I'm lucky if it happens every two or three days and it hurts. Activia, coffee, lots of fruits/veggies, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, all these things seem to help a little. I'm assuming this is normal since it happens to the best of us.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Take magnesium supplements, I like Peter Gillhams Natural Calm. Available at natural food stores. The magnesium restores balance and helps regulate calcium. You will know when your no longer deficient when your comfortably loose. I like the lemon flavor, the orange flavor was not to my liking.
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Yup...me too! Thank you for posting this! My body can't decide what it wants to be...constipated or diarrhea. I spent this last weekend in incredible amount of pain due to gas cramps. My tummy is still sore and hurts. Like I had surgery or something. I will try more fiber because I am also noticing no weightloss too. I am looking at my numbers and drinking the water and staying under my calorie goal (for the most part) and exercising 5-6 days a week. I feel frustrated but I know that I am trying to listen to my body and I do want to give it what it needs!~

Again, thank you for the post!

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dried prunes, flax seed and more water. Do you drink coffee? Coffee always helps. But if nothing is working, try a bottle of Magnesium Citrate. They use it for colonoscopy preps. Be prepared to be on the toilet all day. I would use that just to get started. It's not something you want to use on a regular or even semi-regular bases. Just for constipation emergencies.
  • LizLSB
    LizLSB Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Having the same problem. Good suggestions here!
  • MalPal2
    MalPal2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am having this same issue! I've switched my diet up quite a bit and it's been a few weeks since I've really felt comfortable. I ended up taking a laxative tonight just so I could get some relief. Hopefully after I drink some more water this issue will go away soon. I'm on week three of eating clean. I feel better aside from the bloating and constant fullness. But I read some of the reply and I'm going to try. My diet now has LOTS of fiber in it already.... not really sure why things are being so difficult in that department. Maybe it is an issue of dehydration with me though. I am bad about getting my water intake. I probably only drink about 6 cups a day. Hope it all clears up for us soon! And stick with it! :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    bump up the fiber and drink plenty of fluids. Make sure you eat enough to poop... sometimes that can be a problem for some who severely limit their intake. Also, it will take a little time for your body to adjust.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sometimes too much insoluble fibre (grains wheat green leafy veg) can actually have a negative effect on constipation.

Try eating more of the soluble fibre and also fat is a good mover of things and can help you be more regular.

Hope you work things out (not like an accountant though).
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What works best for me : a side salad with (olive) oïl and a pear everyday.
  • hopesmothermon
    hopesmothermon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, Icannot take physillum, it makes me gag. Did you find a solution let me know,
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take 1,000 mg of magnesium daily... It works great! I go every day now!!!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to go for a #2 when I woke up every morning. I feel I need to now but I can't manage it until after I've had breakfast.

Will try some of the tips here.