From a personal Trainer: Sleep more, lose fat

Options
13»

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to get 8 hours sleep a night but my baby doesn't agree & hes nearly 2 :((

Same here, except mine is over two.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I do have sleeping problems and I agree, it definitely contributes to weight gain.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    great! i wake up every day at 5AM for work, so i try to get to sleep earlier so i'm not so tired. i do stress a lot (work.. not as much as i used to though!), and i never nap anymore. i'm very intrigued in learning better practices for sleeping!

Try taking melatonin? Maybe your brain isn't producing enough
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to get 8 hours sleep a night but my baby doesn't agree & hes nearly 2 :((

same!
  • skydivelife
    skydivelife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Also been noted in the popular press and personally myself, that the less sleep you get, the more prone you are to eating more, especially sugary, high carb things, I guess in some effort to keep awake and to feel better. That can certainly contribute to weight gain and less fat loss. I personally have to take sleeping pills to sleep, as I have had problems with anxiety for years and years and got fed up of laying there getting more and more angry and frustrated.

I generally get between 7 and 8 hours, and notice I feel a lot fatter and heavier when I have less than that.

Hey! Have u ever tried melatonin? It's the ONLY sleep aid with no documented side-effects or addictive qualities.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    As someone who used to sleep 7-8 hours straight and was losing a lot of weight but now I keep waking up at least 5 times per night and I'm not losing much weight :S it does make sense. Thankyou.