nsv - first 3k

Options
cndslee
cndslee Posts: 256 Member
Hi all... been reading posts and success stories for awhile, figured it was time for me to finally add something. Last Saturday I ran my first 3K.... and I finished !!! I had NEVER been a runner or thought it would be something I would ever do. I started doing C25K Jan 2012 and thought I would just run on the treadmill forever....I couldn't even THINK about running with other people around. With some prodding from a friend, I signed up. I was amazed at all the people! And I was there! I ran for 5 minutes and walked a little then ran again. It was kinda cool. When I got tired, I just kept seeing others running along slowly like me! I finished in 26:17! My goal was to be less than 30 minutes and I did! I think I am hooked now. I am now signed up to do a 5K in April. Woohoo!!!!!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The run / walk is a great way to get into running. You'd be surprised by the number of people who use a 10 min run with 1 min walk break to do some pretty impressive times in long races.

Congratulations!
  • cndslee
    Options
    I did a 10 minute run today with a 2 minute walk. I guess I am off to a good start. thanks!
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I amsigning up to do my first 5k in May. I was going to do april, but did not know if I was confident enough. Right now I can do a 5k on the treadmil in 35 minutes, and outside on the bike path in 33 minutes. I am hoping to get under 30 before the time comes. It has been 30 days since I began running and when I started it was 45 minutes....and I am addicted to jogging outside now!! I love it. My one problem is the pain in my calves/shins! I try to jog and they are killing me. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am thrilled for you, that was vey inspiring. If my stupid ankle would get better I'd restart my c25k again.:explode:
  • cndslee
    Options
    thank you! I was so excited about finishing! I hope your ankle gets better soon!
  • cndslee
    Options
    My son ran with me and of course finished before me but he is 17. The best advice someone gave me was to just go have fun, remember, you will finish... you can do this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!