new to online monitoring

Options
Hi
I discovered myfitnesspal via phone apps. since the phone was a new "toy" i thought what the heck.. I usually eat, then put in the food and "discover" how much Ive over eaten. this was mostly demotivating and led me to avoid putting anyting in MFP. for months at atime.....:grumble:

But since surgery last week I am determined to not lie around expanding myself while I recover. Since I cannot work out yet I have had to plan my meals and be consistent since I have to rely on others to get food to me. What an eyeopener. I CAN eat cereal days in a row and it be alright.....I know its unrealistic being unable to move. However I want to move beyond worrying about my weight and just living a healthy life style. :flowerforyou:

Thought I'd try on line....is this TMI???

Replies

• jcmoffitt
    Options
    I think that it takes a lot of courage to be vulnerable. :) Thanks for being courageous and for sharing your heart. Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope you get well soon. I have always struggled in the area of weight loss. I know that I can lose weight and have done so. The problem is to keep it off. My wife and I joined a life group at church that is using Bod4God book to help us make the changes we need to make to be healthier. I am hoping and praying that I can use this life group to learn and make some changes that need to be made. Be encouraged and do the best you can, with what you have. It sounds like you have a good plan.