Extra skin after weight loss?! HELP!!

Options
I am *newly* 27 years old, and have lost about 20-25 lbs. in the last 6-8 moths. I LOOOOOVE fitting into small sizes, but at a very petite 5', while the tight jeans look amazing I just ried on some cute short-shorts, and was MORTIFIED in the fitting room. I have always had a bit of cellulite on my bottom/ thighs, but now with the added excess skin I just HATE the was my naked rear looks :( I know it sounds crazy but I worry that only a surgical proceedure will fix my look. I would NEVER really do that, but I have read so may 'sucess stories' about losing a bunch of weight and still being toned. I work out a lot. I do lots of cardio, as well as strangth, and focus on my lower body all the time. I have been doing a pretty consistant exercise routine for well over a year, so WHY does my rear look so terrible?!?! Any tip/ideas/ suggestions? Thank you all for any help!!

Replies

• doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Be patient--I'm 65--I noticed as I lost weight that skin sag lagged about a month behind the weight loss.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I really have been been trying to be patient! I empahises my lower body training with my cardio added in as well.....I just worrk, haha I mean there is a lot of extra skin :) Thank you though! I appreciate some motivation!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Brazil butt lift workout videos (youtube it)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew...but I don't. Just wanted to say don't get discourages. Someone will come up with an idea or two.
  • JessicaW0204
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my stomach after weight loss and kids... The only thing that everyone recommends is strength training/lifting. Not working so great for me either. I'm not sure what else can be done besides surgery.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Binding and lotion, that's what I do, along with toning exercises.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Along with the toning, I loofa and then use Cocoa Butter twice daily. It really promotes new skin rejuvenation and tightening of the skin. It does require time though! You will not see results over night! If you have any stretch marks, vitamin E oil is great to minimize the marks.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I got recommended the 'brazilian butt' videos too! I have yet to check them out! :)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Try lifting heavier weight, squats, lunges, those kinds of exercises. You are young and should have plenty of elastin in your skin for the bounce back. Might take a bit to get there but it will. Brazilian Butt Lift looks like a great workout too.
  • barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am feeling that I have extra loose skin as well and am a little surprised. I do lift weights and I still seem to have the loose fat. Will it ever catch up and do you have any idea how long it will take. My arms and tummy are the worst. Have been concentrating on those, but no results yet. Kinda disappointed! Don't want to have surgery.
    Barb
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've been using skin tightening wraps they are awesome. Of course- cant ignore strength training unfortunately. these two together though have been amazing for me.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost alot of weight and to help tighten up the skin I used the body wraps.... Loved them so much I am selling them now!