Completed - My first 5k!

Options
2»

Replies

• lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    I've been running for about two months now. Let's clear this up right now - I am NOT a runner. I've thoroughly hated it for years, in fact. It runs in my family (hah, running puns). We don't run unless we're being chased.But I decided to try incorporating it into my journey to physical health. I started small - ten minute walk/jogs, which eventually turned into twenty minutes, slowly working my way into a full mile, etc. Tonight I ran my very first practice 5k - a bit more than, actually, I went 3.5 miles. Non stop running. Me. The non runner. WHAT?

I've been using MFP for nearly 3 months now and rarely participate in the message boards (incredible shyness gets the best of me :blushing:), but I've seen how supportive and kind you guys all are and I just had to share with you - you've all motivated me to keep working towards the healthiest me I can create :heart: :smile: I'm so excited to keep running!

Congratulations!! What a great feeling :) Now you ARE a runner :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Keep up the amazing work!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 3.5 mile run! I don't know how far running will take you, but I signed up for my first half marathon this June. I've been running since last August. I kept hearing Wallace Shawn's voice (Vizzini in the Princess Bride) say "INCONCEIVABLE" as I signed up for the half. Good luck to you on your own inconceivable journies.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I finished my first last weekend. :drinker:
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! It is totally adictive..especially the races! Keep up the good work! Who knows...maybe your next post will be about your first 10K!! Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sounds so much like me! I just started running 2.5 months ago. I HATED running. DESPISED even the though of it actually. I couldn't even run for 60 seconds without stopping ;P but my parents got a trampoline for my little sisters for Christmas and I started jumping on it for an hour or so every day and - I guess - built up the leg muscle. I was staying at my 'runner friend'-s house ;P lol and even though I didn't want to go running with her (and wasn't planning on going) I went and it was like a a flip switched inside of me and... I loved it! (: I think it was just the fact that I was able to do it (I could only run about a half mile then, but even that was major progress for me) and I kept up with it! Now I can run 3 miles!(: Did it for the first time about a week ago and it really wasn't bad!(:

There are days that I *hate* running and I dread getting on my shoes and stretching and making those first few steps... but then there's days that it's my escape(; I get some alone time *and* 350 extra calories! Haha(:

Glad to hear it!(: Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!