NSV for us larger breasted women! ;)

Options
When I started this journey in January, my bra size was a 38 G. Yes, a G - they do come in that size.

Well today I tried on an old bra - size 36 DD - and it fit!

Hooray for shrinking boobage! :D

Replies

• houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yay for you. i got into a real sports bra this week so I'm with you on this one!!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Excellent news for you! Your back must feel a bit better too. I lost most of mine years ago and fortunately they never came back the same way when I gained again.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amen! I now actually fit into the DDD bra I was wearing -- but I am so looking forward to going down a size.

Great job on this change!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've gone from an H to a DDD so I sooooo hear you on this! WTG!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 36f to 36dd, so happy to buy a bra in a normal store, and have sports bras that fit.
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I never seem to lose much of mine even what I was at my thinnest (125 lbs) I still was a 34 DD/E cup. I am now a 34/36 G, but I have had two kids since then and both have breast fed! Good for you Congrats! would love to see the day wehn I can walk into a Victoria Secret and get a great fitting bra! For sure they will sell me one, but it won't be great fitting! I will be pourin' outa that and have muffin cleavage LOL! :blushing:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    What do you mean hooray for boob shrinkage!!

I kid, grats =)
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    This might be a little intrusive but I have a question for those who are losing a large amount of weight. How have you found it has affected your boobs? I have gone from a 34b to 42EE and obviously as they have got bigger (and after 2 kids) they have dropped a little. Should I be preparing myself for this to get worse as they get smaller?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!

Boob shrinkage.
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I was a 44H and I am now a 36F. I hope to get down to a DD in the next 20 lbs....we'll see.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This might be a little intrusive but I have a question for those who are losing a large amount of weight. How have you found it has affected your boobs? I have gone from a 34b to 42EE and obviously as they have got bigger (and after 2 kids) they have dropped a little. Should I be preparing myself for this to get worse as they get smaller?

It really depends on...I have no idea what. Genes? Age? Who knows. I went from 176 to 115 with *no* boobage change. . I'm serious. Obviously my bra size changed because my back measurements changed, but the actual cup size didn't change at all. Which pissed me off, because I love button down shirts and just couldn't wear them.

But when I went from 115 to 105, I think that almost half of it came from my boobs. It wasn't pretty. (I also got "droopy" in other places, but that's another issue). It made me realize that I'd rather get down to 110 and then just "look" smaller with greater muscle mass than actually getting down to 105 or lower (No, I don't have an eating disorder, I'm just 4'11").
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I honestly love my big boobs and do not want them to shrink. But good for you!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am wearing the same size you started with and really hoping to get into a smaller size soon. These g's are killing my back! And can't find a sports bra for the life of me. I ended up picking one up and it hurt my back. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a good sports bra in a large cup size?
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I never seem to lose much of mine even what I was at my thinnest (125 lbs) I still was a 34 DD/E cup. I am now a 34/36 G, but I have had two kids since then and both have breast fed! Good for you Congrats! would love to see the day wehn I can walk into a Victoria Secret and get a great fitting bra! For sure they will sell me one, but it won't be great fitting! I will be pourin' outa that and have muffin cleavage LOL! :blushing:
    Amen! I miss my sexy Victoria secret bras.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing because I went bra shopping just this week (which I hate, btw), and after 30 minutes of trying on a room full of bras I finally figured out what size I really am now! I was wearing a 38 DD and thought that it was either just stretched out and old, or maybe I had actually lost in my boobs. Turns out I lost around my back, and grew in my boobs! ?? WTH?! I'm now a 36DDD! Boobs are weird. :blushing: But if I had to pick between losing the back fat or losing the boobs, I guess I'll take losing the back fat!
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am wearing the same size you started with and really hoping to get into a smaller size soon. These g's are killing my back! And can't find a sports bra for the life of me. I ended up picking one up and it hurt my back. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a good sports bra in a large cup size?

Check out Enell sports bras....fantastic for being able to do serious cardio! They are a bit pricey but very strong and durable, I have used mine for years and will never try another style! These have a fuller back and keep your chest quite compressed, it took some getting used to but once I did I loved it!
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Congrats! My DH asked me today where my boobs went. Lol. I get ya!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!

I was spilling out of a 36 D and now they fit....LOVE IT!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job.. I went from a 40 DD to a 34 D but I think I might need a DD in the 34 since they seem to pop out, but yet I can wear a 36 D and they are fine, but the 36 around is too loose and today I was informed that if my boobs don't shrink more, then by time I hit my ultimate weight goal which is only about 20lbs to go, then I'm gonna look out of place, which I think they kinda are starting to look out of place.I guess it just depends on the day though, today I feel like the girl's are HUGE, but yesterday I felt like they looked ok lol.. I'm hard hard hard on myself though.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Losing weight the first time around (90 lbs) - the girls were the LAST thing to shrink - honestly. Then woke up one morning and realized they had room in the bra. WOO WOOO!! I went from a 44DD down to 38D - think it might have gotten a little smaller if I hadn't developed health issues and then re-gain all but 15 pounds. So I do hear ya...

Good Job and it feels wonderful!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!