50lb weightloss before & after pictures!

Options
Lyra89
Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
Hey everyone! I'm new on here and thought I'd introduce myself :D

My name is Mel and I'm 22, Irish. I gained a lot of weight during a difficult period in my life...going from 115lbs to 180+ in just two years! It has taken me three years to get to where I am now, 130lbs...15 away from my original weight, my goal weight, and jaysus has it been hard! In that time I went through a year of binge eating disorder hell which I finally have a grasp on, and I've also since become a vegetarian. I've completely changed my lifestyle and my attitude to food has changed so much, things I used to froth at the mouth over now are a major turn off and I defo think quality in food over rules quantity any day! Now I love eating good, delicious fresh food, and I love to walk every day and go to fitness classes / lift weights every once in a while...but I'm finding the bit of pudge around the middle so so hard to shift.

I want a flat, toned tummy, and I'm gonna make it happen this year!

Baby steps people, slow and steady wins the race, trust me ;)

Hope that this place helps me to keep on track more days than not to finally get the body I've always wanted!

xxx

BeforeandafterVegetarian.png?width=466&height=354

BeforeandafterVegetarian3.png?width=480&height=274

BeforeandafterVegetarian2.png?width=448&height=329

Replies

• Lyra89
    Options
    :smile:
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look beautiful!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    wow congrats, you look gorgeous!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work, sweetie!! You look gorgeous!!!
  • robmaguire1
    robmaguire1 Posts: 111
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the good work!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    your beautiful but were beautiful even chunk!!
  • Lyra89
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It gets so much harder the closer you get to goal...anyone else bobble up and down around the same numbers for months and months on end!?! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    excellent success! congrats!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Be driven, it's all yours!
  • Lyra89
    Options
    ^ to the guy above me, WOW what a difference in your before & after! I wish I'd taken body shots. Ah feck :D
  • lpblah
    lpblah Posts: 28
    Options
    You are beautiful!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are so gorgeous and 50 pounds is an fabulous accomplishment, I'm so proud of you!!!!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful before and after!! Congrats on your hard work! You look great!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    You're a trooper! When I see these before-and-after pictures I always get so inspired. I hope to achieve the same thing. I want to be healthy and strong (and look good, of course) like all of you! Hugs for everyone!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous!
  • Lyra89
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I love seeing before and after pics too, and after looking at all the success stories on here I'm raging I didn't take full body shots in a bikini!

I wasn't confident enough, and I think I was in denial about my weight and size until a family member said it to me :tongue:

I used to shower with the light off! Seriously! Haha :laugh:
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Greetings fellow Irish person!

Well done on your progress, tis amazing what ye do when ye get a kick up the *kitten* :laugh:
  • Lyra89
    Options
    Yay, Irish people! I need to tell everyone I know about this site...only just joined but the more I figure out how to use it the more motivating and addictive it becomes! Its like facebook for fat loss! :tongue:
  • Doomfrog
    Doomfrog Posts: 79
    Options
    You were beautiful then and are beautiful now! Congrats on overcoming your struggles with the binge eating disorder as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!