Why can't I lose?

Options
I've been the same weight for 3 weeks. I have been staying at 12-1400 calories a day and excersizing daily. What gives?? I have about 25 pounds to lose. Any advice?

Replies

• kajo50
    kajo50 Posts: 12
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough for your activity level.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What exercises are you doing, and at what intensity? Make sure you aren't overestimating your calorie burn and underestimating your calories consumed. Also, you might try strength training and up your calories to 1500 calories or so. Just my two cents C:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    up your water intake. i found after a few weeks that my body adjusted to the new level of water i was drinking. i had to up it to jump start more weight loss.
  • cathyhops
    Options
    Thanks. I'm doing circuit training, cardio and weights at the same time. I'm not factoring it into my weight loss, because I'm a bit desperate. I asked a trainer at the gym that told me 1200 was a good number. Will raising my calories actually work?
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Raising calories, even if only temporarily, works for some people. It worked for me to get me through my plateau.

If you've been eating at a medium-to-large calorie deficit level for an extended period of time, like 3 months or so or more, you may want to consider 2 weeks eating at maintenance level calories. It gives your body a deficit break so you can start losing again after your break.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are eating the right type of foods and no soda.... drink half your weight in ounces of water daily, and up your calories. If you are only eating 1200 and then exercising, you will have a hard time losing anything, especially with the cardio.