Any Vegan's here?

AmyLynnHodges
AmyLynnHodges Posts: 2 Member
I'm new to the Vegan world and am in search of recipes, a good soy cheese brand, and any other useful tips.......

Replies

• Daiya is the new vegan "it" cheese! You can buy it off veganessentials.com, veganstore.com, and cosmo's vegan shoppe!
  • Oh yeah and www.vegweb.com has mega recipes free to search!! I lost 70+ lbs being vegan. Of course I was living in Seattle and it was super easy to be vegan. Now that I live in South Dakota it is not as easy. But I know this is a copout and I should just go back to being vegan. I would drop weight fast again.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    not vegan, not even vegetarian - but i keep hearing about Daiya ! :laugh:

i hear it 'melts' similar to dairy cheese...
  • OH and may i suggest Leahey's cheese sauce mix. One cup is 150 calories and it is SOOOOOO good. Anything from leahey is vegan and delicious.

Here follow this link http://store.veganessentials.com/categories.aspx?Keyword=LEAHEY. The stroganoff is so good I can't even tell you!! But the Leahey's cheese sauce taste just like real cheese sauce. Nothing weird or fake about products!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    If you go to the Groups tab and type in vegan we have a really great group "Team Vegan" that is supportive and fun. Join us!
  • not vegan, not even vegetarian - but i keep hearing about Daiya ! :laugh:

i hear it 'melts' similar to dairy cheese...

It does. Amy's products has a vegan mac and cheese you throw in the microwave. It is not healthy as you expect it would be - but it has no animal products. I sometimes incorporate it into my cheat day lol - but yeah tasty!
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    I live in the uk and keep dabbling with raw vegan, but find it hard to lose the craving for meat which I get now and then, maybe once a fortnight i eat meat, fish or poultry and rest of the time mostly vegetarian and also vegan to a degree.....I am sure it is that part of my diet that helps me lose weight really......but struggle in the winter.....esp in uk...where puddings and hot food..abounds...luckily summer is on the way spring is here, and soon I can go back to mostly smoothies and salads...:))):wink: :bigsmile:
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    friend of mine on here is an awesome vegan cook. This is her blog: www.thevegankitchen.net
  • AmyLynnHodges
    AmyLynnHodges Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful tips. Now to get my 4 year old on board ;)