Chili's

Options
Does anyone know how strict Chili's is about their Kid menu? As in, would they let adults order from it, too? I know I have been to some places that were really ridiculously strict about "12 and under" or whatever. I am going tomorrow night and if possible I would like to order off the kid's menu, if not I am going for the best salad and soup. Just wondering if anyone knew before I actually go there tomorrow....thanks!

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Chilli's has a really good low cal menu called the "Guiltless Grill".

But I don't know about the child's menu.
  • Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dont eat anything there!!! i used to work there and the guiltless is more fatening than the reg. food. depending on your server is whether or not u can eat under the kids menu. but a salad from there has more cal and fat than a burger! its very bad for u!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Chilli's has a really good low cal menu called the "Guiltless Grill".

But I don't know about the child's menu.

Yeah, I looked at those, but most all of them make up in sodium what they lack in calories:grumble:
    lol its crazy
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    dont eat anything there!!! i used to work there and the guiltless is more fatening than the reg. food. depending on your server is whether or not u can eat under the kids menu. but a salad from there has more cal and fat than a burger! its very bad for u!
    when I say salad, I'm talking house salad...I know, one of those other salads had 77 grams of fat!!!:noway:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    might I add this is for a special occasion, otherwise I would STEER CLEAR
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    My solution is to either order half-size portions or ask for half of the order to be boxed immediately so you can take it home. Our local Chili's is pretty good about that. If nothing else, remember that chips and salsa are actually pretty healthy, especially if you have lots of salsa on your chips.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    when I go to chili's I usually order the chicken ceasar no crutons no cheese dressing on the side and just dip my fork in it... it's not the most exciting dinner, but it lets you spend time out with friends and family without skipping a meal.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That quesdilla explosion thingis like 2000 calories

:noway:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It usually depends on the waitress.....

Explain your situation and if she/he won't help ask for the manager if you need to.

The fajitas and The guitless grill are really good
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i used to work there and the guiltless is more fatening than the reg. food.

Not according to their website's nutritional info. Do they lie about it?

I realize that there's a ton of sodium in the foods on the guiltless grill. But there is a TON in everything when you eat in a restaurant.

We are real people that have to live our lives. If I am going to a restaurant, I do love a salad and a good soup. I enjoy eating foods like that. But sometimes I want something more "hearty" and for me, the guiltless grill and other restaurants that have choices that are lower calorie and lower fat are the best option when I'm feeling that way.

Also, eating a half portion or a even a few bites of different foods at the table is a good option to taste a variety of different things. :smile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Another good eating out trick is to share a meal with someone.
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck with that. Ya, I've heard the guiltless grill is just another sales point. Not really guiltless and now we have it confirmed from a former Chili's employee. Just have a nice big salad w/little or no dressing and a couple pieces of dry, grilled chicken on top.

lookieme, all bossy, sorry
    ♥ Karen
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    Man that's a bummer if the guiltless grill is a fake :mad:

That's horrible that a restaurant would advertise that these specific entrees are healty but in reality they're not! That makes me mad... grrrrr :angry:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I just ate there the other day for the first time in a LONG time. I ordered off their guiltless menu (after asking for their calorie count and they brought me a print out of everything on the menu). I got the Bufflo chicken sandwich with the side of steamed veggies and it was VERY good and 380 calories for the meal.

Enjoy your self!
    AManda
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :love: I :heart: chilis :love:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My husband is kind enough to share meals with me when we eat out :love:

You may ask if anyone at the table wants to split something, you never know, you might save someone else the angst of ordering. Besides, the kids menus are usually worse food than the regular menu.
    :drinker:
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Chili's is a weakness for me. Every time before I go I look up and decided what healthy item I plan on eating well I get there and everything just always goes downhill. :ohwell:

However, I think next time I will just let the hostess know I don't need a menu so I won't be tempted by those delicious southwestern eggrolls. :brokenheart:
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I think splitting a meal is a very reasonable option since portion sizes are enough for 2 anyway, right?!? You will have to ask your server about the kids meal -- I've ordered off the kids menu y telling the server that ntohing else is low enough in calories for me, lol! And after I tell them I've lost 75 pounds, they'll usually let me. :smile:

If you can't decide on anything "healthy" enough, I'd stick with a house salad and (the lightest) dressing on the side.

The chicken fajita pita is really good. I always have the guitless grill, and I don't think they could be that "off" on the calories. You can always specify how you want each item coked: no oils, butters, sauces on the side, etc.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I just ate there the other day for the first time in a LONG time. I ordered off their guiltless menu (after asking for their calorie count and they brought me a print out of everything on the menu). I got the Bufflo chicken sandwich with the side of steamed veggies and it was VERY good and 380 calories for the meal.

Enjoy your self!
    AManda

That's my favorite. Well not really. My favorite is 3 Margaritas and steak fajitas, but ya know... my *new* (fake) favorite :wink: