Best way to bounce back from vacation?

I was recently on a trip to AZ and I had bad problem trying to even remember to stick with it. =(. I need help bouncing back from vacation? Any Ideas?

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    hit the reset button and get back into your healthy routine. Plan your meals for a few days so you dont eat what you did in AZ. you can do this
  • Lemon water? I feel better after drinking it for a couple of days
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I went to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun for a long weekend. I ate and drank the whole time I was there.

When I got home, I got right back with the program. I didn't do any extra weigh-ins to see the "damage". It's been three weeks and I weigh less now than I did when I left.

Don't let your vacation be a permanent setback! We all indulge on vacations. That's what they're for, to get away from the "work" of our lives. And eating healthy is "work"!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    I went to Arizona too for vacation for two weeks. This trip was very different for me than past trips. I started MFP in December 2011 and I love it. For the first time I did not fall into that vacation mode and binge on everything. That is what made the transition back to "real life" so easy for me. I guess what I am trying to say is that I think this is finally becoming the life style that I want and need and will continue even when we are away....it meant there was no transition except from plush 28 to -28...and that is transition enough for me.

I know this totally doesn't answer your question but it worked for me. In the past it was such a struggle to get back into that routine but I found if I just cut all the crap out cold turkey and started working out almost every day then it made it easier.

Good luck and hope your vacation was as fabulous as ours.