We're coming back to MFP

Options
We had gotten too busy and lazy to record our calories and exercise and haven't logged in for several months. We have noticed small gains, and kept thinking we should come back. Today the doctor told Joel he needs to lose more weight. That sealed it. We are in this together. We love the support we get here. The only part that is hard for me is looking up all the different ingredients in certain mixed foods, like casseroles. I've never been terribly patient with time-consuming yet important tasks. Also, when I borrow food info from others, sometimes the info is different from person to person.

Replies

• lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We had gotten too busy and lazy to record our calories and exercise and haven't logged in for several months. We have noticed small gains, and kept thinking we should come back. Today the doctor told Joel he needs to lose more weight. That sealed it. We are in this together. We love the support we get here. The only part that is hard for me is looking up all the different ingredients in certain mixed foods, like casseroles. I've never been terribly patient with time-consuming yet important tasks. Also, when I borrow food info from others, sometimes the info is different from person to person.

i've had pretty good results using this recipe calculator:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

you just free text type in the amounts, and calculates the calories per serving. look at the "tips and instructions" to see how to enter them.

by the way, i used to use the logging feature of that website and this website is sooooo much better! hopefully one day we'll get our own recipe analyzer here! there's another site that i've seen mentioned here for recipe analysis, but i can't think of it.
  • newlywedbeth
    Options
    Thanks, Lisa!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Yes - Sparkpeople has a recipe analyzer also - but I like the one on about.com better. Then you can input the dish as a new food "beth's beefy casserole" kind of thing and put in the nutritionals, I don't check it to be shared, then the info is easy to use.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck on your weight loss journey :flowerforyou: