Where are the men?

Options

Replies

• slawdawg
    slawdawg Posts: 13
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one here. Thanks for the reassurance. I started at 320 last Wednesday. Made it to 312 as of this morning. I know it's not reasonable to expect that to continue, but my first mini-goal is to get back under 300. Then it's on down to a healthy BMI by next summer.

I understand why women tend to post more, though. Research says men speak only about 10,000 words a day. Women speak about 25,000 words a day with gusts up to 40,000.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one here. Thanks for the reassurance. I started at 320 last Wednesday. Made it to 312 as of this morning. I know it's not reasonable to expect that to continue, but my first mini-goal is to get back under 300. Then it's on down to a healthy BMI by next summer.

I understand why women tend to post more, though. Research says men speak only about 10,000 words a day. Women speak about 25,000 words a day with gusts up to 40,000.

:laugh: :laugh: You've met kellch then??? :laugh:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

So you speak to your computer? What does it say it back?

Good luck on your goals. Just expect, as you stated, hitting those plateau's. Everyone does. All you can do is expect it and be ready to counteract. That means, hitting it harder to get over those little humps. I had a hard time breaking 240. I was back and forth for about a month. Also, don't just jump on the scale every night. It can be not only misleading, but demoralizing. Be sure to tape yourself; neck, waist, hips. Try to keep track of your overall body fat % along with your weight. The more elements you figure into your goals and analyze your body.... the more progress you will see. Thats what keeps you on course and stems any self-criticism from blocking your motivation.
  • slawdawg
    Options

What's a kellch? Is it contagious? :huh:
  • slawdawg
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I speak to this thing often...but nothing I care to post. :grumble:
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    I joined five weeks ago and have lost 27 pounds as of this morning. This site has really made me think about what i put in my mouth and gives me the drive to shed calories by walking. There arent too many men on here but welcome to your new lifestyle.
  • xsargex
    Options

[/quote]

I speak to this thing often...but nothing I care to post. :grumble:
    [/quote]

haha.... I'm with ya there. Sometimes I've even been known to commit domestic violence against my computer a time or two. Don't turn me in.
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Excellent question :tongue:

Where are all the good, truly single, truly available men in the 3D world?

♥Karen

Is any guy every truly single, AND truly available?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We're here, using the tools and doing the work and quietly getting it done.

I started here in January - I just Googled "Free calorie diary" or something and here we are. I didn't expect to find such a super great free tool, and I certainly didn't expect to make the progress I've made.

This thing is like magic. I just set it up, honestly log what I eat and what exercise I get, I eat (most of) my exercise calories and try to drink my water,,, And I lose at least 2 pounds every week, just like it said I would.

I didn't push anybody, but when my wife saw my pants getting loose she asked "What was that website,,,?". Now she's on here too and she's lost 35 lbs. She doesn't post as much as I do.

Great site, welcome aboard and good luck. You're not the only dude here.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

♥Karen

Sure, lotsa guys are truly single and truly available - they're just not 6'2" tall lawyers with 32" waists and Cocker Spaniels named "Chet" - which is what most women seem to be looking for. Hehehe,,, :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

What's a kellch? Is it contagious? :huh:

Yes, but in a good way. :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow Sarge...whatever you're eating...........can I have one??? :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options

♥Karen

Sure, lotsa guys are truly single and truly available - they're just not 6'2" tall lawyers with 32" waists and Cocker Spaniels named "Chet" - which is what most women seem to be looking for. Hehehe,,, :laugh:

Bingo!
  • xsargex
    Options

sure you can!!! take your *kitten* down to Hardee's.
  • TamTastic
    Options

OMG, we don't have those here. I have heard of it though!!

YIKES! My preggo cravings are going a bit nuts!! :laugh:
  • xsargex
    Options

Unfortunately, we're not far south enough for Wattaburger around here. Freaking sucks. Now thats a greaseball of a hamburger! But enough Sonics and Fuddruckers to keep me insulated during the winter.
  • TamTastic
    Options

Unfortunately, we're not far south enough for Wattaburger around here. Freaking sucks. Now thats a greaseball of a hamburger! But enough Sonics and Fuddruckers to keep me insulated during the winter.
    I don't think we have any of those around here. I guess it's a good thing!! For me anyway! :laugh: :laugh:

I keep hearing about the cherry limeade at Sonic though!! I could use some of that!!!!
  • slawdawg
    Options
    OOOOOH! Sushi!! That's what I need. I could live on that stuff. But I've moved on to sashimi now. It's fo rhte purists. None of that rice stuff, just fish and a little wasabi and soy. Now that's good eats!
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    I like the 6' 2 part, but lawyer, ((bleeich)), and kick that cocker spaniel to the curb (jk) & chet? tee hee
    When my prince crosses my path, I guess I'll know. He will bow-down to his princess and worship the ground I walk on! HA HA

With that mindset, no wonder I've never married, still single and alone for 14 years.
    Oh, gotta go, one of my cats is calling, "Heeeere kitty kitty"

♥Karen
  • xsargex
    Options
    when I think of the name Chet...all I picture is Bill Paxton in Weird Science. "DOOOO YOU REEEALIZE ITS SNOOOWING IN MY ROOM......GAWWWWDAMMMMNNNIT"