30 Day Shred

Options
I've heard a lot of great reviews and results on the 30 day shred and have been trying out. After the first day I was definintely feeling it; my calves were especially aching! My question is, do you think it;s sufficient exercise to lose weight? I'm keeping with the guidelines of my diet (as close as I can :p)
I understand with the 30 day shred strength training actually burns more calories. However my usual cardio routine at the gym feels like more of a workout. I sweat more and feel tired whereas with the 30 day shred, I feel the burn, but its over quickly and I dont sweat as much.

Combining the two probably sounds like the answer but I'm aiming for a routine I can do consistently, so I just want to find out whether the 30 day shred workout on its own would be enough??

Thanks guys!

Replies

• gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Hey Vivo!

I am on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred. I don't have much experience with the program but I can tell you that it does work. I've seen so many success stories and before and after photos. It's truly remarkable.

I was apprehensive about doing it because people say they will gain weight their first 2 weeks due to muscle gain and water retention. One thing to keep in mind is that the scale isn't so important with this program. Take your measurements before and after. Also do before and after photos. That's the real proof.

It may be all in my head, but I can swear to you after only three days I have more strength, endurance, and muscle definition! I can't wait for the end results. :)

I wish you the very best of luck. If you're looking for someone to talk to that's in the same boat, please add me. I'd love to share our progress!

Take care!
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did Day 6 today and I love it! I feel stronger and tighter already! I definitely recommend the 30ds. Jillian is a great motivator
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you are used to longer workouts, you will feel like 30 day shred is not enough. A few of friends IRL felt that way. Personally, I felt stronger after doing 30DS, but I didn't lose weight or inches. However that doesn't mean short workouts are not effective because I am, now, doing workouts that are 12-30 min long, and my body is the best ever.
  • vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I feel much more reassured. I was just worried as it seems it's very difficult for me to lose weight. I feel like if I go a bit over I gain weight easily. My endurance is getting better although the lunges are still killing me.

xx