how much should I have my setting to lose per week?

Options
OK, I've read a lot of posts on here and I'm just curious how close to your goal/weights should you change to like .5lbs a week or whatever. Right now I"m set to lose 1 lb a week. I started at 183 lbs I'm female 5' 5.5" athletic build I currently weigh at about 149/152 depending on the day. I know I for sure would like to get down to 145 (senior year high school weight) but my WII tells me 132 is the best. Not like my wii knows me but it would be nice to be farther away from being overweight on the BMI scale. I guess I"m just curious seeing I"m not considered "overweight" anymore should mine be dropped to .5lbs or keep it ?

Replies

• cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    anyone?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    as you get closer and closer to your goal weight, you should increase your calories. try 0.5lbs loss per week for a little while.
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I would say just say do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If the one pound a week calorie intake seems to low for you then drop it but if you have no problems staying at that goal or being under it then why change. I know this probably isn't the informational post you were looking for but in my experience just do what fits your needs and not on what people or things tell you too.
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    thats for the suggestions. I feel that I've been having trouble staying under the 1300 lately but I've been sick and not being as strick on my diet. But I do know that once it drops me lower I will probably have to go to .5 lbs a week. Not sure I can handle less than 1300 :)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think it's more of if you feel comfortable with the amount of calories that it gives you to eat each day. Obviously if you drop your weight loss setting down to 1/2 a pound you're going to get more calories back to eat each day. I know that I'm currently set for 2 pounds a week (but that's because I'm obese and have the weight to lose) but that once I've lost my first 50 pounds that I'll probably change my setting to 1.5 pounds a week because I don't think I'll be happy with having such a low calorie setting (I'm currently around 1440).