bump
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump :wink:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Ok this makes NO SENSE! When I did the Military Body Fat Calculator it says my body fat is only 17%. That is so not right. I have terrible saddlebags, flabby arms and a ton of fat on my legs and thighs. Theres just no way this is right :/
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I'm interested to try this, since eating more is always a good thing in my book, and I've got my numbers all figured out - BUT, I had to use the regular body fat calculator because the result I got from the military one was obviously ridiculous. 14%. Lol no. (As compared to 29% from the regular one and just by looking at my chubby thighs I know it's definitely not below 25%). Did I do something wrong or what? I'd rather use the military one because you said it was more accurate, but that is apparently not the case for me and I'd like to be sure before I start tweaking my goals and stuffing my face.

NOT ALONE! I got 17%, which is soooo not the case. I'm about to use the reg. one too

The normal one says 26%. What's with the huge difference??
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    ok I just posted this in a thread, but noone ever reads my threads, so I am posting this in hopes of someone helping me, because I am soo confused!

"Ok, I'll admit, I'm not the brightest. I just read that thread, or rather, "roadmap" but I am very confused at this point.... I've been doing that standard net 1200 from MFP, but admittingly I have been feeling hungry, even after eating back the calories burned from exercise. I am TERRIFIED to eat more, especially as much as what I think this formula is telling me to eat.... Any help would be sooo much appreciated!!!

Ok so the Military Body Fat Calculator says I only have 17% body fat. That is SO not the case.

I did the original body fat calculator and it says 26%. That makes more sense. That equals to 36.6 lbs of body fat.

I am currently 141 lbs and 5'6. My goal is 125 lbs.

The Katch-McArdle formula says my BMR is 1391.

Adding 20% to that would make my TDEE 1669.

So is THAT what my calories should be netting?

I exercise 6-7 days a week. That little chart on Fat 2 Fit says, with all the above info, that I should be eating between 2134-2375 calories a day. Now I am assuming that is WITH the exercise. But to eat that much seems like a lot... It's more than what MFP tells me to eat even on my long cardio days when I burn the most.

HELP! "
  • anttrail
    anttrail Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ok I just posted this in a thread, but noone ever reads my threads, so I am posting this in hopes of someone helping me, because I am soo confused!

"Ok, I'll admit, I'm not the brightest. I just read that thread, or rather, "roadmap" but I am very confused at this point.... I've been doing that standard net 1200 from MFP, but admittingly I have been feeling hungry, even after eating back the calories burned from exercise. I am TERRIFIED to eat more, especially as much as what I think this formula is telling me to eat.... Any help would be sooo much appreciated!!!

Ok so the Military Body Fat Calculator says I only have 17% body fat. That is SO not the case.

I did the original body fat calculator and it says 26%. That makes more sense. That equals to 36.6 lbs of body fat.

I am currently 141 lbs and 5'6. My goal is 125 lbs.

The Katch-McArdle formula says my BMR is 1391.

Adding 20% to that would make my TDEE 1669.

So is THAT what my calories should be netting?

I exercise 6-7 days a week. That little chart on Fat 2 Fit says, with all the above info, that I should be eating between 2134-2375 calories a day. Now I am assuming that is WITH the exercise. But to eat that much seems like a lot... It's more than what MFP tells me to eat even on my long cardio days when I burn the most.

HELP! "

With the exercise you do, your TDEE is more than 1669 (the 20% is for sedentary). Just take the number from the chart based on your activity level as you have done and eat what it tells you. That is with exercise, so you do not 'eat your exercise calories back' as they are already baked in.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • primalpdx
    primalpdx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GREAT INFO! This will really help me. :smile: Thanks!
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    :smile:
  • EllaA26
    EllaA26 Posts: 48
    Options
    bump
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to try this, since eating more is always a good thing in my book, and I've got my numbers all figured out - BUT, I had to use the regular body fat calculator because the result I got from the military one was obviously ridiculous. 14%. Lol no. (As compared to 29% from the regular one and just by looking at my chubby thighs I know it's definitely not below 25%). Did I do something wrong or what? I'd rather use the military one because you said it was more accurate, but that is apparently not the case for me and I'd like to be sure before I start tweaking my goals and stuffing my face.

NOT ALONE! I got 17%, which is soooo not the case. I'm about to use the reg. one too

The normal one says 26%. What's with the huge difference??

Heh, yeah. The military one says 31% for me, the normal one says 26% and the covert-bailey one says 27%.
  • jacklynb46
    jacklynb46 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Bump
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump