Challenge: no sugar for 2 weeks! Who's with me?

Options
I've recently realized that my greatest enemy (health and weightloss wise) is sugar! I'm not talking about fruits here! I'm talking about granola bars, chocolates, cupcakes, pies, etc! So, I've decided to look my enemy in the eye and say no to sugar. For two weeks I'll resist temptations and will fill up on the healthy foods! Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• ninjabarbie
    ninjabarbie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish they had a like button like facebook does. Essentially I agree. I like the idea. Wish i had the will. Maybe with more thought I will make the same committment.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, but I need more details . . . what would be off limits? Give me some guidelines?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    No processed sugar for 2 weeks? I'm in!
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Im in! I need a bit of encouragement with this one!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Really really can't. Want to, but can't. There are too many things I've been eating to help me lose weight, like soups ans sushi and weight watchers meals, that have added sugars. The main things are the weight watchers desserts to make up calories, but I really can't give up sugar. Too many hidden sugars. :tongue:

Good luck though!
  • thinismygoalx
    thinismygoalx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I won't eat any of the sugary stuff: like no candy or fruit dried in sugar! Will avoid junk food too (since it's loaded with sugar AND chemicals)! Will still eat fruit and grains like buckwheat, oatmeal, wholegrain pasta maybe!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Two weeks. Surely I can do two weeks. Yes I am in!
  • mykahisfit
    Options
    love to be in the challenge.. but yes what is in and what is out ?
  • thinismygoalx
    Options
    Wow! Didn't realizenI would have so many replies so quickly! I'm pretty sure the first few days of sugar-free diet are the hardest! Well, If we get more people joining us, we can create a group or something!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im in! I once cut out all sugar for a couple weeks to help me break through a plateau. I dropped about 4-5lbs in 10 days and never regained it!

14580293.png
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    IM ALL IN! can we have stevia?
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... I've been trying for a couple of days, and having a terrible time.... would be nice to have the encouragement!
  • thinismygoalx
    Options
    So, do you guys think we should create a group?

About stevia - I personallly won't have any artificialn sweeteners but if you feel like you really need it, then I suppose it's fine!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! Glad to see some more people here. Let's start a group?? I think I'll have a few questions. Right now I'm wondering if it'll be okay to keep my post workout chocolate milk? It's a little carton- 200 mL / 6.7 oz (think school lunch size). I don't have a problem limiting my choc milk intake, but I need to break my addiction to oreos!!
  • thinismygoalx
    Options
    Sooo, I've created this group: No Sugar!
  • fatcatfan
    Options
    okay. hahas. i will try, but i wonder if i'll make it.
  • thinismygoalx
    Options
    Ugh, and for some reason I cant' send the invitations to the group :(
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hahaha its been 43 days for me without sugar.. so yeah im in for the 2 weeks
  • thinismygoalx
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing!!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow how ironic...a friend had encouraged me to cut out my snacks of cookies and Mcdonald's ice cream! I wasn't thinking of going as far as two weeks, but what's the worst that can happen by saying goodbye to my daily to mcdonald's.....ummmmmmmmm, I could lose more weight!!! So Yes I'm in.....I just joined the group as well!