Apple cider vinegar for weight loss?

Options
I've read in a few places that apple cider vinegar can increase weight loss and help to boost your metabolism. I know you would still have to combine it with healthy eating and exercise, but has anyone had any type of results with taking it before meals etc? :smile:

Replies

• haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    i wanna know more about this so BUMP! :)
  • hay__1986
    Options
    i have also read this, i brought some, and had it 3 times a day mixed with as pint of water, well i lasted 2 days, the first day i felt so ill, felt constantly like my tummy was unsettled. i would love to give it another go cos have read it helps with weight loss, can improve skin, energy levels etc. i just felt so ill the first time :(
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump. Interested in hearing about this
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have it that often. It is highly acidic, and can burn your insides.

You are supposed to have 2 teaspoons with a glass of water in the morning. It helps my irregularities, or tummy aches, so I take it occasionally. It has nothing in it-- no calories, no fat, no sugar...

It tastes decent with food. I use it to marinade meat, and dress my salad.
  • AussieGem
    AussieGem Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been warned my a few people not to have too much of it as described above and it is also very bad for your teeth. I have incorporates into my diet however, I use 2 tbls salad olive oil / 1 tbls apple cider vinegar as a salad dressing.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There have been some preliminary studies suggesting some potential health benefits but there is also some pretty conclusive evidence that larger doses over longer terms pose some very real health risks (loss of tooth enamel, low potassium levels, lowered bone density) which makes it sound like a pretty poor trade off even if it helps you drop a couple of pounds.