weight loss and getting sick

hello everyone. just a quick question.
since starting my weight loss,of 50 pounds i have been caching everything under the sun! im sick a least once a month. is there any connection to losing weight and geting sick easier?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Be sure to eat enough. How many calories are you taking in daily?

The body needs energy to maintain your immune system.
  • hermiony
    hermiony Posts: 49 Member

i never do the same thing. i have been on 1200 calories, then it was 1300-1400 i switch it up alot.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

i never do the same thing. i have been on 1200 calories, then it was 1300-1400 i switch it up alot.

I'd go on maintenance for a while if you're getting sick like this until you get better especially if you're been on a calorie restriction for a long time. It'll help you reset yourself then go back on the deficit later.

I hope you feel better!
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    perhaps if you look at what is making up your calories to try not to be missing important nutrients. I must admit that I lost a lot of weight cal counting last year and initially I felt alright but after, a month??, I started feeling constantly tired and a bit under the weather. I also got v irregular periods :ohwell: (missed for 3+ months) - was restricting to 1200-1300 and eating back exercise mostly on what I considered to be very well balanced if not lacking a little in the red meat dept.

weight loss is a stress on the body so anything that does this is likely to mean ur immune system will not be at its best so everything you can do to support it is good - but if you are eating balanced foods and getting enough vitamins then perhaps look at losing a little slower on a higher cal plan.

Hope you are feeling better soon :) it is no fun feeling like you are getting sick by trying to be good to your body!