Want to do it for real this time!

Options
I've known I need to lose weight for a long time. Wasted my 30's overweight. Every time I think I'm really going to do it this time I get lazy and stop. Need motivation for exercise mostly but need food help as well.

Replies

• Sissy1964
    Options
    Every time I've restarted it's "for real this time". But it trully is, we really mean it. It's the long haul that starts impacting our determination, and sometimes that doesn't take long. If you start reading about this topic there is sooo much information that it makes the struggle seem to big. We have to remember that there's so much information out there because so many have the problem and so many more are selling products are advise. Simplify: We need to be healthy, period.
    Put decent foods at decent proportions in our bodies. Drink water everyday. Demand your body to move every day.
    Right?
    No nitpicking the facts, counting the ounces of water, timing our exercise - at least at first.
    Whatcha think?
  • cathy3457
    cathy3457 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried pretty much everything, including stuff like Weight Watchers but could never stick with any of it. I've decided for now a 'mini goal' is to eat a salad of some sort before every meal. It puts in better quality calories and keeps me from having enough room for that extra helping or slice or whatever. I also try to walk to work or at least walk to the next subway stop instead of the one right by my place. I think if we stick with our little adjustments they'll become habit and slowly but surely the weight will drop and we'll feel better right?