What is your favorite summery salad?

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
I have two favorite summer salads.

#1 Spinach with a a tablespoon chopped onion, 1/2 serving of pecans, and 2 small sliced strawberries, drizzled with some Newman's Honey Mustard

#2 1 cup cooked couscous, 1 large cucumber chopped, 1/2 cup chopped onion- dressing is juice from 1 orange and juice from 1 lemon with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and 2 fresh chopped basil leaves

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    There is one my mom makes that is based on one of Panera's summer salad. It is romaine lettuce, strawberries, pineapple chunks, blueberries, mandarin oranges, and pecans, with my dad's homemade poppyseed dressing on it. You can probably find a recipe for poppyseed dressing online. It is soooo summery and refreshing!
  • jaimebea
    jaimebea Posts: 21
    Options
    Tomato mozzarella salad:

Two containers cherry tomatoes
    One yellow or orange pepper chopped
    One bunch cilantro (optional)
    One bunch Italian parsley
    Mottza balls 1-2 packages
    Light roasted garlic dressing

Chop, mix, and enjoy! Yuuummmmm
  • Whimpy10
    Whimpy10 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    :love: Greek Salad

Spinach Leaves
    Mixed Coloured Peppers
    Cucumbers
    Red Onion
    Feta Cheese
    Kraft Feta Oregano Dressing
    ( Sometimes i`ll add grilled chicken)
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Baby spinach and strawberries, topped with mozzarella cheese. Easy to make and delicious
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Leftover assorted grilled veggies from the night before,served cold on lettuce with a little feta or crumbly blue and a little balsamic vinaigrette. Mmmm... I sometimes make this in the winter though with leftover roasted veggies. I also love italian style pasta salads with all kinds of veggies and olives and cheese tossed with vinaigrette
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    This is fairly simply but delicious! Baby spinach, with sunflower seeds, and raspberries. For the dressing, red wine vinegar, evoo, and garlic wisked together and drizzled over top.