Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by JM?????????

Options
I have seen alot of talk about the 30 DS, but has anyone used Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels? Just curious to see what the results have been.

Replies

• jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's a good cardio workout. Long in comparison to 30 DS, it runs about 40 mins? If I recall correctly. It was made to be paired with her No More Trouble Zones video which is long as well, and uses weights. I like both of them but prefer her shorter videos :). And sorry but I haven't used them exclusively for any period of time to keep track of results.
  • bikiniwantabe
    bikiniwantabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD. It kicks butt and takes names!! Today will be day #4 for me. The first day I it killed me..the second day I thought it was going to kill me...the third day I thought I was going to die...we will see how I do today.

I admit I modify alot of the moves because I just can't do them. This DVD is strictly cardio...cardio kills me. I can already tell just after 3 days I am getting better but still have a very long way to go.

I would recommend this DVD as well as her 30day Shred. I look forward to completing this one and trying another one of her.

After 30 days of this, I will take my measurements again to see how I am doing. I do weigh in weekly.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Did it this morning. Awesome. Loved it :drinker:
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    I have been doing it for the last month, I alternate each day between this and no more trouble zones, first two week I lost 4 inches. I haven't measured for the next two weeks coz it's the time of the month and I'm feeling really bloaty. But my jeans feel really loose specially the thigh area.

A month later it still kicks my *kitten* every time..... Which is a good thing :)
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use it--alternating with weight/strength days. From warm up to cool down it is about an hour (but it goes very fast); I like it a lot and it burns 450-500 cal according to my hrm. It alternates between intense circuits and easier ones, which gets your heart rate really high but then gives you a chance to recover. There's a warm-up, 7 cardio circuits, and a cool down/stretch. You can also select specific circuits (each is about 5 minutes long) from the menu and tack them on to whatever other workout you're doing. I sometimes add circuit 6 and 7 after weight training (2 last circuts before the cooldown) because they are the most intense. It is my favorite cardio dvd...difficult but not impossible, long but goes fast because it's not boring (circuits are constantly changing things up). And Jillian is not at all obnoxious on this one (which she kind of is on Ripped in 30).
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is an awesome cardio workout for someone (like me) who doesn't have the time or money to go to the gym or buy gym equipment. All of the moves use your own body weight but I am DRENCHED in sweat at the end and don't think there is a better cardio work out on DVD out there. Definitely something I try to throw in at least once a week in conjunction with strength training.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred--and have an assortment of DVDs. I can do jumping jacks, Mountain Climbers but that is about my limit for high impact. Would like to add something harder and longer. Does Banish Fat have alot of high impact (like the plank jacks and sumo squats)? Seems like the combo would be good to bump things up.--Just so you don't think I'm a whimp I'm 62 and going strong!!
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred--and have an assortment of DVDs. I can do jumping jacks, Mountain Climbers but that is about my limit for high impact. Would like to add something harder and longer. Does Banish Fat have alot of high impact (like the plank jacks and sumo squats)? Seems like the combo would be good to bump things up.--Just so you don't think I'm a whimp I'm 62 and going strong!!

There are no plank jacks (but there are jumping jacks and mountain climbers)...there are some jumps (one that is a kind of plie jump after 3 squats and one that is a scissor kick jump) but they can definitely be modifed. There are plenty of non-plyo cardio moves too. I would say that if you can do 30 day shred you can definitely do bfbm; in my opinion it's not as high impact as level 3 of the shred.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I do this workout maybe 1 week, in rotation with No More Trouble Zones and a few others. It is a great workout, very challenging, and very rewarding when I am able to do moves I couldn't before or do the advanced version of some things. I've never done it every day for a month or anything like that, so I can't say the results with it alone, but it definitely burns major calories (over 500 for me according to my HRM), and I feel strong and proud of myself when I finish it.