Where am I going wrong?

2»

Replies

• calmit01
    calmit01 Posts: 1
    I too am in the same boat, having been doing this for 2 weeks and lost 1lb, then gained half of that back, then lost it again, now gained it again.....
    After reading this thread I have decided I need to eat more as I too eat under my calorie allowance but I guess that's a mind set I have to overcome.
    I do a 30-40min walk everyday, which I sometimes add a wee run in, I have only been doing this since last Thu tho, so it's only been 4 times so far.....
    This is extremely frustrating...

Well, I'll keep trying and hoping something happens soon.

GOOD LUCK...
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    I thought I would share this with all incase there is interest :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

VERY informative and simple to understand.... Everything you need is a thread in the group! You don't have to join it, but at least read the first post in the introduction thread. Then if you decide to increase you calories read the first post in the thread about what to expect :flowerforyou:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Hi Christine,
    I have just put my scales in a place that I can't get easy access to them. They were driving me to distraction.
    I would like to lose about 18lbs to put me right where I should be. Last year I lost it through just dieting and being sensible. Towards the end of the year I put most of it back on again as my activity level (Mostly tennis) dropped with the shorter nights. I thought it would be pretty simple to lose it again but this year I am having real trouble. The only difference this year is that I am doing a circuit training class with heavy weights 2 to 3 times per week, (on top of the tennis) and so think that the muscle mass is confusing things a bit. I have actually gained 4 lb since joining MFP which is really disheartening especially since I am being really quite strict with myself. 500 calories under my target every day and always eat back my defect. Sometimes it just seems so counter intuitive that I wonder if I am doing things wrong. Yesterday for example, according to my HRM I burned 3600 calories playing 4 hours of tennis, and then went to circuit training for an hour in the evening. So I ate them back which is actually quite difficult to do!

The good news is that I feel so much fitter this year than I did when I lost it all last year. I had practically no muscle mass and couldn't play tennis for more than an hour without thinking I was about to die.

So in summary.. fit and overweight according to my BMI, or slim and on point with my BMI but not able to do much? So confused!!

Ian

"500 calories under my target every day and always eat back my defect"....

MFP has your deficit calculated in the number it gives you for the calorie goal so you are making a 1000 calories deficit when you do this. That is if you are aiming for a 1 pound loss. I think you may be eating too little as well based on you acitivty level in that post :wink:
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Sounds like you've got the right idea..making your own food, working out on a regular basis, uping your protein intake

...have to agree with previous posts, you need to eat more!!! I promise it took me a LONG time to actually come to terms with this & actually believe it, but it's true!

You need to feed your body so you have fuel for those workouts!

Try incorporating some HIIT training in place of your cardio 2-3 times a week, less time in the gym & a killer work out! Strength training helps, build more muscle, burn more cals!! (:

Good Luck!! Don't get discouraged, you'll figure out what works & what doesn't for you...listen to your body -- you'll get it!