*women answer please. didn't know where to post this

Is it normal for a woman to miss a period if she isn't pregnant? I last ended on February 16th, and it's been about 6 weeks. normally I only go about 3.5 weeks in between cycles. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they both were negative and I haven't had sex since about Feb. 17th. should i be worried?

Replies

• U couldve missed due to stress
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    It can happen. Most common causes are stress, low food intake, or heavy exercise.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    When I increased exercise I went 3 months without one. Best 3 months ever... lol
  • micheledarling
    micheledarling Posts: 18 Member
    it's not normal for me personally to miss unless i have been pregnant. but it's known that stress, illness and probably even weight loss can cause you to miss a period. it seems you last had sex around the time you may have started to become fertile, especially since your cycles are so short. hmm, i would wait a week and re- test to be honest and if still negative may be worth a trip to your doctor. good luck x
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    It can happen for a lot of different reasons so don't panic. If you do a pregnancy test in a week and it's still negative then go see your gyn.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    You can throw it off with calorie intake changes and exercise. :) You can also throw it off if you have spent more time with women than usual--you can start to synchronize with them.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    When I start working out more or even harder, I have been known to miss my period. Have you increased your exercise or changed your diet at all in the last month to 6 weeks?
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Probably not pregnant if you're testing negative and have made diet and exercise changes. However, test again, and make sure it's your first bathroom trip of the day to be most accurate.