nah...not for me...

Options
I just signed on today and according to my plan on here, I'll restrict myself and work my a** off for a grand total weight loss of 5 pounds in a month.

Are you kidding me? By exercising and following a low carb diet, I would lose that in a week. ( I have done this in the past and kept the weight off for years. It was when I got careless about my eating and exercise habits that I gained weight again.)

I just wanted to check this out, but it looks like it's not for me. I need faster results or I KNOW I won't stick with it.

Good luck to everyone.

Bye.

Replies

• journeybegins
    journeybegins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know felt the same way. I have been slack at working on me and real bad and my charts, but I am hoping to start pushing forward again. Good Luck
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    5lbs in a week?
    I must say, that seems a little... extreme.

At my weight I can healthily lose 1lb a week!
    And according to the math, if I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week I'd be eating 900 cals a day! :P

But this journey isn't about weightloss, this is about developing a healthy, fit lifestyle!
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    And the point of this post was...?

There is no true quick fix to a lifestyle change. If you're not willing to put in the real work, fine, don't bother. We'll just drop the weight without you.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    What works for some doesn't work for all. This site helped me reach my goals plus more. Good luck on your journey.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's used as a "guide"...
    I can lose way more than what the website says.
    But if you're going to quit on your first day here, you probably wouldn't make much progress. Not to be rude.
  • sistergoddess
    Options

There is no true quick fix to a lifestyle change. If you're not willing to put in the real work, fine, don't bother. We'll just drop the weight without you.

This!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Anyone else want to quit? Here's your thread.

Think this site doesn't work? v See that, you're wrong.
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    5lbs in a week is not healthy. That would be 20lbs a month. This website encourages healthy weight lost, it's not a miracle diet. Plus if you're going to quit, why post in the forum? Show off?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

I think the point is, trolls like it when people take the bait. ;)
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    u u dont want the weight to come off too fast. studies show people that lose weight too fast could gain it back. u want to lose it the healthy and right way
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    5lbs in a week?
    I must say, that seems a little... extreme.

At my weight I can healthily lose 1lb a week!
    And according to the math, if I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week I'd be eating 900 cals a day! :P

But this journey isn't about weightloss, this is about developing a healthy, fit lifestyle!
    I aggree this is about learning a new way of life,moderation and healthy eatting,I have lost 33 pounds since mid November and I am very happy with this progress as now I know I wont be going back to my fatty self,I have tried quick diets ,they work untill you want to start enjoying the food that you want to eat ,that you like.I am not willing to give up foods that I like to eat because that will set me up for failure.Good luck on trying to loose your weight quick,I hope it works for you ,I just know it has never worked for me...but this does..
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What works for some doesn't work for all. This site helped me reach my goals plus more. Good luck on your journey.

Ditto
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL, yeah, how have those fast results been working out for you. Looks to me from your ticker you need to lose 32 pounds. Hahahaha, do your low carb whatever fad diet is in today. You will always be a yo yo dieter and that in the long run is detrimental to your health. Good riddance to you!!! Now crawl back under that bridge from whence you came.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Adios.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    whine-expert1.jpg
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    BLAH BLAH BLAH... whine whine whine. No one is forcing you to do anything and most of us quite frankly couldn't care less if you leave. You do what is best for YOU and what works for you. This website will not cater to your 'low-carb diet that worked so well in the past until you fell off the wagon'' diet, sorry. That's just not how it works.

See ya.

I'm mean to the ignorant, sorry.

^^^^ this!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lh1x3oeCyL1qafrh6.gif
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    so stuff your face get fatter if you don't want to restrict your intake get even fatter & get sick or yo-yo on fad diets get fat get thin get fat & get sick. Your choice, your health, your life!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Why post this! , We dont discouragement!
  • jamiehobson
    Options
    Please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg