Stomach Fat

Options
Question this might sound silly and I know you cant spot reduce and I read all the blogs and forums on stomach fat. But my stomach is the biggest part of my body it's the 27 pounds I can't get rid of :-( any ideas

Replies

• Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio....and more cardio. Like running or biking. I know you can't spot reduce, but that was my issue, and I believe I can see a little bit of a difference now that I have been doing that :) Good luck!
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am telling you you can not spot lose but you can tone and planks are the bomb. You might not be losing but you can tone the abds and you can do it during tv breaks etc. It tones the tummy and you feel like your losing more That is my problem spot too and I just restarted again but when I lost last time, I toned so much with planks. Want to be friends?
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    changes are it will always be your biggest part which is a big big suck! but, you can make it look better. cardio will really help burn all over fat anyway. work on toning the deep muscles along with cardio. doing sit ups or crunches with weights is always a smart idea :) im a personal trainer and this is what i have advised and done with clients in the past and have seen results! :)
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    it's ALL about your diet. Eat clean. No fast food. No processed foods. :flowerforyou:
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I noticed my belly shrinking only when I started jogging! I did crunches and more crunches and nothing. Started jogging and within 2 weeks started noticing changes
  • jeni3004
    jeni3004 Posts: 9
    Options
    My stomach is also my major problem area. I have found that doing HIIT is the best thing for it, although I struggle with being able to do it consistently. When I do though, my waist trims down well. And as an above poster mentioned, plank plank plank. My boyfriend has the most defined insane abs and he actually planks at the gym with huge weights on his back. I have started to just stop and plank at home whenever I think about it, for just a minute or until the burn begins. I also have had good results with the ab workout that comes with the Turbo Jam DVD's.
  • jeni3004
    jeni3004 Posts: 9
    Options
    it's ALL about your diet. Eat clean. No fast food. No processed foods. :flowerforyou:

I do agree with this, and it's the part that I struggle the most with. I am a candy girl and I do believe it is my biggest enemy with my stomach.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Intervals is King!!!!!!!! Run for a min or two then walk and continue for 30 mins - hour 3-5 days a week! Reduce carbs, junk, processed foods, and fast foods...(garbage).
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Cardio + strength training + clean diet = flat stomach :)
    I love jogging with my dog!!! It literally changed my life...
    I recommend adding lifting weights or even just some core work to any cardio routine
    plus I eat clean...no fast foods, no processed foods, no simple carbs
    whole foods only for me...but that's just what I like to eat
  • amgriffin69
    Options
    What is plank?
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio....and more cardio. Like running or biking. I know you can't spot reduce, but that was my issue, and I believe I can see a little bit of a difference now that I have been doing that :) Good luck!

Cardio was a big help for me!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What is plank?

It is when you face the floor stretched out, then raise your body up to your elbows. So you look like a piece of wood, straight body (not a bridge with your butt in the air). I do them on my elbows, but I think others do them on the hands. These have really firmed up my stomach and pulled it in.

Also, I limit my carbs to around 100-120 grams.

Cardio can burn that extra fat too.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    get into a man's pushup position and hold it. Use your stomach muscles to help you hold form. You can also get on elbows and do the same thing. Hold for a minute or more. Strengthens stomach and arms.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    OP
    I am the same way. If it weren't for my tummy, I would be within the normal range on the BMI chart. The stomach is the first place I gain and the last place I lose. That's the way my body wants to roll and there's nothing I can do about it other than stick with the meal plan and exercise. Yes there are exercises you can do to tighten stomach muscles, but if they are already in good shape, you just have to lose it the hard way. There are no "belly fat" miracles, sorry to say. Hang in there.

You probably have the same problem with clothes as I do. Because of a big waistline, you got baggy jeans and have to order sizes WAY bigger than the rest of your body needs. I hate that!!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio,cardio....and more cardio

please ignore this post
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

Good advice for everyone, but it isn't the belly fat cure.
  • alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all that really help. I'm going to try all your advice and hopefully when my summer begins in June I'll have a before and after picture. :-)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has diet ideas to help reduce stomach fat. Google it. Also, good shapewear helps hold everything in place while you're losing. Keep up the good work!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and exercise.
    Repeat.