If you could only listen to one

Options
SarahMorganP
SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
If you could only listen to one group/singer for the rest of your life who would it be?

For me it would be Jack White. If I really had to pick just one of the bands he has been in I would pick the White Stripes. I love every single thing he has done, but The White Stripes just rock!

How about you?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I would find this incredibly difficult. I have such varied music taste, and there are songs from all sorts of bands and artists that I just couldn't imagine not being able to listen to again. I've actually just spent my whole afternoon sorting my MP3 player into playlists because there were artists I didn't seem to be listening to because I was never in the 'right environment' and would skip them when I wasn't in the mood. Now, I've put them all into moods so I won't feel like skipping so much.

Based on that today, I've got to go with the artist I think would be most calming, and who has (I think) never done a song I haven't liked enough to listen to multiple times. Josh Groban.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    toss up between dave matthews, van morrison and paul simon....

if i had to pick, it would be dave matthews...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    The Who. No contest.

I mean, there's a lot of music out there I love, but there can be only one (sorry, Queen).
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow. On the desert island, you usually get 10 albums or CD's, including box sets. So, this is a new twist to the game.

Hmmmmmmm.

Jack White is a good choice. But, I'd probably have to go with my man Dave Grohl and say Foo Fighters. As long as I could have all of their albums.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park. Ecclectic sound that has transformed and continues to evolve and change.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Mmm, this is hard to pick only one but the first one that came to mind is Jeff Buckley. Just love his voice...
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    Ooh, tough! I have several favorites but I think I'd have to go with 311.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Blue October. Been listening to pretty much nothing else since I was 12 years old.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hands down....JOURNEY!!!! :love:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Maynard James Keenan and all his projects. (Tool, Puscifer, Perfect Circle, etc)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo hard! Let me think about it...
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fun! I would have a hard time choosing between a classic great like Chopin and my more current favorites like Beirut (folk) and Pure Heart (Hawaiian). I would definitely choose Pure Heart if I could include Jake Shimabukuro's solo stuff too hehe :)
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Shakira!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold if I had to pick only one. But I would definitely miss all the rest of the music out there.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... that's a really tough one considering I can get bored of something really fast and want something else to listen to. Right now I'd probably say Depeche Mode, though.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... that's a really tough one considering I can get bored of something really fast and want something else to listen to. Right now I'd probably say Depeche Mode, though.

^^ They come in second for me...I :heart: "It's No Good"
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyor7hpQCE1qbrb6z.gif
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kings of convenience OR modest mouse.

also LMAO at the poster above.
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Elvis Costello, of course! The guy has so many albums anyway, I could nearly listen to a new one every day.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Say Anything.