What works for you?

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Tara. I was on this website once before but I guess I didn't put in the dedication and time into it like I should have. My personal trainer told me to get back onto this website and that it could be helpful so I agreed somewhat reluctantly. I started a new account. So, I started a blog today because I feel that I reflect a lot whether it be on food/exercise. I just wanted to hear from all of you in what helped you jump start this process and made this website easy to log onto and tricks to remember about what you ate/exercise and how you feel about this website overall. Also, is there anything you feel that I should do to make this process a fun and unique one. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks. :)

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi Tara...I love MFP. I've been logging since early January, and have made some great Pals! The support is awesome. You will add Pals who you will support, but, you won't hear from, and then you will make great friends with others who are very like minded. It is a process, but this is a large site, and most likely you will find great friends. I sure did. In the three months here, I went on a personal eating eating binge, the first of its kind in a long while. I did satisfy craves that I kept at arm's distance for the longest time, and now I can move on. I am learning to incorporate all foods so that I don't HAVE to crave. I've learned the term "Eating Clean", and this way of eating doesn't make me crave at all. There a plenty of tips from everyone so you can find what fits you. Good luck in your Fitness Journey. Hope you stick with it. This is a place that you can be over-addicted, or not at all. It is up to you. Take care! :flowerforyou: Debbie
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    What made me jump back on w/ NOT BEING ABLE TO FIT COMFORTABLE IN AN AIRPLANE SEAT! I travel frequently on airplanes. It would great to fit in my seat wherein I can put the arm rest down again :-( The ability to add "strangers" to encourage and to be encouraged by is great. The ability to discuss openly your goals, triumphs and failures in a MOSTLY supportive environment is wonderful. Nothing is 100%! Lastly I am more of a techie person but the simplicity of this website makes it more user friendly for me.
  • CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate the tips. I think one of the things I struggle with more is the nutritional aspect of this experience. I have a lot of influences around me (colleagues, family, friends) it's very tough for me to say no to certain things and to be eating healthier. But I am trying to dedicate myself to this website because I do think that it can be beneficial for me and really allow me to work on my goals. And we all know, goals don't always come easily unless you work hard at them.