Recipe Calculator?

Options
Does anyone have suggestions for a good, free recipe calculator? I've tried a couple I've searched through Google and they aren't very good. (One didn't have ground chicken in its database, for heavens sakes.) LOL

Does MFP have one somewhere on this site I haven't seen? I'm still relatively new here. ;) Don't shoot the newbie! Tee hee

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Below is one of the site's I have used.

For ground chicken or turkey when the site doesn't recongize it I just put in chicken or turkey

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Hope this helps you out
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
  • notoprod
    notoprod Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe calculator from nutritiondata.com. You have to be a member, but it is free
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    sparkrecipe.com
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I use calorieking.com pretty good, has a really big database too.
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the sparks one...its a good site
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    i am just posting here so i can easily come back to this page and save those websites...
  • Canadazeus
    Canadazeus Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. This is my first post, first day, and beginning of 50 pound losing streak. I did it once before, so it's possible... it's just easier and more fun to eat whatever the hell you want. My doctor says you can only abuse your body for so long, and then.... no more exercise either!

I made this up for things I cooked so I could calculate the food value in a "burrito" for instance... I make 30 at a time... and it grew to include my favourite ingredients. It includes instructions, BMI and BMR calculators and separates the good and bad fats.

You can use it here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgFNigWr5dqsatF-fVCMELw

Let me know if you want things added. I am a computer nerd. A fat, good looking one!

CZ
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ditto jhcrh3!
  • rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I made this up for things I cooked so I could calculate the food value in a "burrito" for instance... I make 30 at a time... and it grew to include my favourite ingredients. It includes instructions, BMI and BMR calculators and separates the good and bad fats.

You can use it here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgFNigWr5dqsatF-fVCMELw

Let me know if you want things added. I am a computer nerd. A fat, good looking one!

CZ

That is AWESOME..thanks for sharing it! And because you're a fellow Canadian it's food I actually buy!

Thanks for the other suggestions too, people..I am playing with those now to see how they compare. :) The sites I found last night by googling were horrible and it's better to get people's opinions that have actually used 'em. :happy: