Has anyone tried this?? Just curious

Options
I am currently taking a college Psych 101 class and we just went over hunger & eating. He said that two weeks before you are ready to go on a diet or change your eating habits that you need to change up your habits. One day eat 3 meals, one 6 small meals, one day just one big meal, etc... "The research says" that it's a way of confusing your hypothalamus which tells when you're hungry or full. It gets your body off any type of schedule it may have had and sets it up for any new schedule you want to set. He also said that the reason the first 2 weeks is more successful on a diet is because our hypothalamus lags behind about 2 weeks. When it realizes that you are messing with the status quo of your body, it starts fighting back a bit and makes it harder for the weight to come off. He said that it really is a matter of tricking your hypothalamus.

I just wondered if anyone has tried this and if it helped them.

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    hmm, nope. went through 2 college psych classes and never went over that...lol
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have heard things similar but never as to which part of the brain you are trying to "outsmart". I have not tried it but I know people who have and it has worked.