Back Fat Reduction?!

Options
I know we can't spot reduce but what exercises can I do to reduce my back fat?!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If there were an exercise that worked to reduce back fat, that would be spot reduction.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I know we can't spot reduce but what exercises can I do to reduce my back fat?!

13052b.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If there were an exercise that worked to reduce back fat, that would be spot reduction.

^^this

The only way you can lose fat on your back is to lose fat in general
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You literally just asked "I know we can't spot reduce, but what exercise can I do to spot reduce?!"

Come on now.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    any/all of them!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    While you can't reduce skin, you can tighten it and hoist it up; give it form. The 30 day shred had enough back work in it to tighten and hoist me up some. Mild weight training on the muscles on the back and supporting body parts. It helped.
  • violetfrosts
    Options
    Try POP Pilates Back Attack on Youtube. It could help to sculpt your back muscles a bit.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    When I started working out with kettlebells, that's when I saw the biggest difference.

But really, you need to lose the fat all over.
    Your body decides where it comes from.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Mine is finally coming off - even my hubby noticed & told me so the other day. I have been working out on and off for the past two years, consistently since this past January. In February I started running with the c25k program in addition to my regular workouts (DVDs, cardio/weights, etc) - not sure if the running is what really made the difference or if it's just finally happened. Still have tummy fat & some off the hips & thighs too, but that is also shrinking. Just keep at it!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    You could try weighted moves that involve back movement, as simple as it sounds.

Twist from side to side in a steady motion with dumbells, over head stretch with dumbells etc

Balance ball reverse sit ups also
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think i know what you mean. You want exercises that work that muscle hidden under the fat so it feels like your spot reducing. Its a psychology thing. There's one exercise that i love to do to make my back fat/ muffin top area hurt. From a standing position stand with your legs shoulder width apart knees slightly bent, hold a dumbbell in either hand (i use 8-10lbs), then proceed with a side crunch but draw the dumbbell towards the back of the leg behind your knee try to reach as far down your leg as possible. Then return to start position. Do 3 sets of 10 on the left then repeat for the right. You may not feel sore right away, but by the next day you will. If not up your weights and do it again.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    A pulldown/pullup movement.
    A rowing movement.

/thread.
  • astraea82
    astraea82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chin ups will help your back to be more muscular. They also hit many other muscles in the upper body/core. Maybe combine that with some cardio?
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all that gave me good ideas and advice! ! Maybe I worded it incorrectly! For example certain arm exercises will tone either the bicep or tricep!!!! maybe there is a specific exercise that will help with back fat! Thanks again for those who gave me ideas! I'm currently on day 4 of 30DS, hopefully I will see some results soon X
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I think i know what you mean. You want exercises that work that muscle hidden under the fat so it feels like your spot reducing. Its a psychology thing. There's one exercise that i love to do to make my back fat/ muffin top area hurt. From a standing position stand with your legs shoulder width apart knees slightly bent, hold a dumbbell in either hand (i use 8-10lbs), then proceed with a side crunch but draw the dumbbell towards the back of the leg behind your knee try to reach as far down your leg as possible. Then return to start position. Do 3 sets of 10 on the left then repeat for the right. You may not feel sore right away, but by the next day you will. If not up your weights and do it again.

That sounds great :) x
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    You could try weighted moves that involve back movement, as simple as it sounds.

Twist from side to side in a steady motion with dumbells, over head stretch with dumbells etc

Balance ball reverse sit ups also

This sounds good too!! Let's give it a go lol x
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Lap pull down machine and row machine help and def 30ds toned the back
  • mtnmchgrl
    mtnmchgrl Posts: 20
    Options
    Like others have said, cardio, I think it goes away with cardio, but maybe try back extensions exercises? I do a lot in my Pilates classes (dart, swimming, etc) and I can already tell a difference. I think it's the combo of the two.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I was successful losing weight, I lost fat in my back area by doing Zumba. A lot of high leg lifts, etc.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I have a rower motion exerciser which I've started to use most evenings and I do Zumba on the Wii a couple of times a week along with 30DS. I like "feeling" like I've worked out, my thighs and arms feel it but my abs and back don't?! (the muscles just above the boobs blinking feeling it tho lol) thanks guys, gonna write all these up (god I'm sad lol) x