Ideal measurements?

Options
I'm curious as to whether anyone on here is going not only by goal weights, but goal measurements as well? I'd like to know, because I'm currently working toward a 24-inch waist, and I've been told (by people in my life) that that's much too small. However, looking it up, it seems as if 24-25 inches is an ideal waist measurement for a woman of my height (5'3".) What do you think is an ideal waist measurement for a woman of 5'3"? 5'7"? 6'?

Replies

• OptimumMe
    Options
    I think it really depends on your body composition and frame size. I had a 26 inch waist when I was 15 lbs away from my GW, and generally I loose an inch every 8 lbs or so, therefore I think my goal of a 25 inch waist (at 5'8") is reasonable.

I don't think that's too small. But listen to your body, see how you feel as you progress. Maybe you'll be happy at a higher waist measurement, maybe you'll want to go even lower.

Good luck :)
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options
    I'd love a 24'' flat stomach with some definition, right now it's 27''. Everything else can stay the same :D

That does sound reasonable though, good luck (:
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great goal for someone your height. I hope you reach it!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep mine at around 25 if I can, although it is hard work.
    I am 5'9 and a half, and 33.25.35.
    My build means my hips will not go smaller without endangering my health unfortunately.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

That's really fascinating though. I'm really, ideally, hoping to keep my waist-to-hip ratio at least at a .65 or below. Although, seeing everyone else's measurements, especially on taller women, I might even be able to go lower! :D
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your nautural build. I'm 38"-25"-38" at the moment, and 10 kg heavier than I want to be. A 22" waist is attainable and healthy for me, but would be completely unreasonable and extremely unhealthy for someone who tends to be more rectangular. Even the "ideal" wasit to hip ratio is a bit of a lie.

So, aim for 24" if that's what you'd like, but keep an eye on everything else on the way; it may turn out that it's just not right for your body.