Good morning!

Options
I want to share with everyone that I am wearing my skinny pants to work today! I couldn't come close to putting these pants on when I started this journey on 4/6/09. Can't wait for the time when my "skinny pants" are too big! I am nervous for this weekend. I have to go "out" for dinner with family and not sure I'll be able to count calories. I don't want to take a step backwards...sounds like we will be going to a steakhouse. Any advice?

Replies

• tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Congratulations on your success -- sounds like it's time to pick a new pair of "skinny pants," right?!? :wink: As for having to go ut, I'd just ask which place you'll be going to, then you can look up info online. My mom gets annoyed sometimes when I ask where we're going but she knows I'm committed to this new life, so she's pretty understanding. I'd be scared to order anythig from anywhere that I couldn't have any nutrition info. But you could always ask your server for that, too.

In cases where I didn't know at all, I'd always ask for my food to be specially cooked: no oils, butters, bring sauces on the side, etc. And if nothing else, go for a salad, but remember that meat adds calories (especially if it's marinated or such before going on the salad), cheese adds calories, and also bacon or croutons.

It's so hard to guestimate calories in a restaurant --- you coud be in for real shockers sometimes! good luck! Come back and let us know what you choose.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of lean cuts of meat. If you're going to a steakhouse, look at outback or texas roadhouse's nutrition info to use as a estimate of what you're eating. You can also get steamed veggies as a side option instead of a potatoe.

Chicken and fish are good choices too. The biggest this is to avoid the apps and the bread and the alcohol.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you can find out where you're going, then yes, look online and see if they have the nutritional info. If that plan fails, just estimate with something that's close from the database. If you order something sensible, you'll be fine.
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!
    What a special first post of the day to read! Congrats on your skinny jeans and thx for sharing.
    Good luck at the dinner :heart: I know you'll do great and be a good girl cuz you'll be thinking
    about those skinny jeans while sitting there.. . . . . you don't want to have to unbutton them, do you??!!

♥Karen
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the great work!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    So..just checking back in. Tonight was the big night. I think I did good. I had a lettuce salad w/dressing on the side and just dipped my fork in that twice. I had baked Atlantic Salmon...with steamed vegetables. Think there might have been some oil or something on the veggies but not sure. I sampled a forkful of a rice w/cheese mixture...and that was that. Oh...and water to drink. I have no idea home many calories I consumed...but don't think I hurt this weeks progress...we'll see come Monday weigh in! Thanks for the advice everyone. :)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats on skinny jeans and sounds like you did really well tonight with dinner selection
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!