NonScale Victory!

Options
Once diagnosed with metatarsalgia, which cause foot pain, my podiatrist told me that he didn't want me using walking as my exercise....WHAT THE HECK?? I just started this weight loss journey in January and have had a decent success with it. My first thought was "great, there goes my weight loss". But he suggested swimming. I have always loved the water but never really swam laps for exercise. The next day I went to the local rec center and got a three month membership. The first day I swam laps (freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, and sidestroke). for about 30 minutes. Then 40 and 50 minutes. For some reason, I seem to have a lot more endurance in the water. Two days ago, I swam a half of a mile, which doesn't sound like a lot but it was 44 laps. And today, trying to outdo myself, I swam 3/4 of a mile (66 laps)! And when I started logging my swimming into my MFP, the amount of calories burned is ridiculous!!! 40 minutes with light/moderate effort burned 934 calories!! This is truly a victory for me!

Replies

• Tata4now1074
    Options
    congratulations..keep up the amazing work. it will pay off.
  • MonsterBookOfTysons
    Options
    Congrats from another swimmer :)
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    congrats.. keep up the good work.. maybe i need to take up doing laps it seems fun.
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I did not realize swimming was such a calorie burner. You have inspired me to head back to the pool! Thanks. BTW 38lbs. since January is fantastic!
  • mewdds
    mewdds Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Way to find a different way to exercise that works all of your muscles, is a great cardio burn, but doesn't aggravate your foot. :) You are doing AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!