Is this cheating?

Sometimes I weigh myself after going for a run in the afternoon, and for some reason this ends up being my lowest weight, lower than first thing in the morning... is this cheating?

Replies

• HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    I want to say yes, because you've probably sweated and lost water weight which you replenish when you have that tall glass of water ect after.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    No, it's not cheating. It's reinforcing that the work you do is paying off. If there is a psychological advantage for you to weight yourself after running, then do it. I weigh myself once a week at the same time on the same scale. That is my official weigh-in.
    Whatever gets you through this journey, do it!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    I think its best to use the morning weight. But if you wanted to use a weight that you get every day under the same conditions (ie after exercise), I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    as long as you record your other weights from the same point and time, I always pick my lightest weight of the day (who wouldn't!).. but as long as whichever number you choose keeps going down in the right direction I don't see that it matters?

I also record my 'fluctuation range' as I go along and it started at 12st 7 - 12st 13 and now I'm getting 9st 4 - 9st 12, but I get around 9st 8-9st 10 for the last 2 weeks... so I use the number I get the most... I can't wait until my numbers are all under 9st 7!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Yeah, if you weigh yourself at the same time each time you record it, it's not really cheating.

I'd guess you are going to have a lot more variance doing it this way as you have two+ meals behind you.