50lbs down and more to go

Options
Good afternoon everyone.

So a little about me. I'm Kevin and I work as a professional firefighter in Maryland. I'm a semi new parent to a baby girl and a husband to my beautiful wife. I previously worked as a Chef for over 12 years and at my worst I was 320lbs and gaining. I knew i needed a change so I quit the business and worked a normal 9-5 job so I could pursue the family business and become a 5th generation Firefighter. So i got serious and dropped 70 lbs and finally got hired. For the next couple years I kept my weight reasonable until I went for my last physical and weighed in at 270 lbs. I was so pissed at myself for gaining all that weight. A few days later by chance one of the guys I was working with was bragging about this new app called MyFP. He explained it to me and I gae it a try later that day. That was Aug of 2011 and since then I havent looked back.

This app opened my eyes and made me realize the amount of calories I was taking in and not realizing it. I always stayed away from fast food and sodas which I knew was bad for you but it was the little things which I thought was healthy wasn't. This app has been so addicting and fun at the same time. My wife noticed my weight loss and she also is using this app. We now plan our meals in reverse starting with dinner working backwards to breakfast. We bought a digital scale which is a god sent. I'm very proud of her for already losing 13 lbs in 2 months and she's becoming more hooked than I am to this app.

Its been such a good feeling buying new pants and shirts even though the cost of clothes aint cheap. All my work clothes have been swapped for smaller sizes and I'm close to needing new firefighter gear too(even though we never like turning in our old dirty broken in gear for new shiny stiff gear...its a badge of honor thing).

So far i have gone from size 44 pants to size 38's. 2xl shirt down to L-XL. Even when i was heavier I always stayed fit for the job. Now with the weight loss I have been able to perform my duties at a higher level. Down side is that I had to lift harder to maintain my strength. I also wish i took more detailed pics before I started to show my results. I'll have to dig deep to see what pics I do have.

I am so grateful for the people that put in the time to design this app. Without your assistance I dont know if I could have done it on my own. I feel better about myself every time i get a compliment about how good I look. I sleep better at night knowing I'm better off from where i used to be. Heart disease runs in the family so I'm doing everything I can to advoid it. Again, thanks to the people at MyFP for changing my life for the better. I owe you my health and a cold adult beverage.

Stay fit my friends,
Kevin S.

Replies

• entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring story, and an eye opener to those who are new to MFP. the app IS amazing! :) Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!