Wheat crackers or chips?

Options
HotAshMess
HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
I suck at reading labels. Is there a "for dummies" book on it? Anyway...I just made some delicious roasted garlic hummus-125 calories per serving (next time, I'll make it without tahini-I've learned my lesson I think). But...I find what you eat it with is always the worst part! I like Wheat crackers and that kind of thing, but I'm trying to find the best option....does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You can make it without tahini but the taste isn't quite the same, i like it with tahini. I would maybe just add half the amount, tahini has a lot of good nutrients.

As to what to eat it with, I'm addicted to eating it with carrots. There is something about carrots and hummus to me that just go together. I also eat it with other veggies too (I can't have gluten so I don't really have crackers in the house ever anyways)
    I have also toasted half a (gluten free) bagel and sliced it up and used that, it's 140 cals for half an Udi's bagel but I'm sure you could find one lower in cals, toast it up, and slice it into thin slices.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Carrots, celery, err..if you make a plain one, apples (Supposedly, haven't tried it)

Unfortunately I go for some Stacey's pita chips, cuz it's awesome like that.
    If you can control your portions, I'm guessing they would be just as good as any
    carb based option (tortillas, bagels, crackers, etc)

I think i tried hummus with cauliflower too...I'm having trouble remembering if it was any good =/
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Sliced cucumber and tomato wedges, just like they serve it in the syrian restaurant near me. SOOO yummy!

OH! and you can also make your own chips by putting tortillas or pita in the oven for a little bit. That way you can really watch the calories and flavor them as you wish :)
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Stacey's multi-grain pita chips? Love them with hummus, and it seems like you get a good size portion.