How long does it take to clear sodium out of your body?

Options
Water weight, I have discovered that my body really doesn't respond well to high levels of sodium and I gain water weight really easily. I know how to get rid of it but how long does it take.

I usually drink loads and loads of water, this usually sorts me out but how long will it take me to get back to where I was on the scale?

Replies

• aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Til you pee the water out you consumed...less than 24 hours.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that it is a good three days of drinking lots of water, exercising (to sweat it out) and eating low sodium foods before your body is FULLY cleansed of the excessive sodium.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate though - just something that I had read.

I am with you though...now that I am eating so much healthier when I do eat salty foods I definitely notice a big difference!!
  • Gentlecowboy
    Options
    Go to this site and you might find your answer http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/water.htm
  • Gentlecowboy
    Options
    I read somewhere that it is a good three days of drinking lots of water, exercising (to sweat it out) and eating low sodium foods before your body is FULLY cleansed of the excessive sodium.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate though - just something that I had read.

I am with you though...now that I am eating so much healthier when I do eat salty foods I definitely notice a big difference!!

Try to use only pure (not purified) sea salt . It contains more than 80 minerals that your body needs.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had a chinese all you can eat meal the other day and it seems to have loads of sodium in! Not excatly healthy but it was the first in a while...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Til you pee the water out you consumed...less than 24 hours.

Takes longer than this for me. 2 to 3 days, if I've had a lot of sodium.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    here's a non-scientific answer for you. using one of those scales that sends a current thru me. I was apparently holding about 2.5 pounds of excess water weight. it took 3 days before I wasn't retaining. however, the next time it happened, I did 60 minutes of cardio the day after, and it was only 2 days before I wasn't retaining.
  • masquereddeath00
    masquereddeath00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i had a lot of water weight i mean a lot like 60 lbs acai berry the regular not the cleanse