3/25/12 What's for dinner?

Options
I'm making a big pot of soup. Doing a slightly modified version of this one. I'm adding in some kale and carrots since I have a bunch to use up. It's SO good! :) I usually make a batch of corn muffins/cornbread to go with it but I'm skipping that today. No mix and I don't feel like going to the store.
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10806?section=

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That sounds AMAZING! I wish you posted this yesterday... I'm back in the dorms after spring break so meals will not be nearly as awesome. Tonight it's salad and canned clam chowder. Oh, college life...
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm making tomato soup with turkey sausage for dinner tonight and lunches this week. Roasting the tomatoes in the oven for a bit of sweetness, along with a red pepper, then simmering with low salt veggie broth, garlic and thickening it with a bit of milk and flour for creaminess.
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    we had roll out pizza with mushrooms green peppers and onions- was so good and low cal I had 2- am super stuffed
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    BBQ Chicken stuffed sweet potatos. First time making them. I found the recipe on MFP :smile:
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Everyone's dinners sound so good.

I didn't really have a nutritious dinner tonight xD
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The sausage is a good way to add some lean protein into the dish, and all the flavors too.
  • christinarosebud
    Options
    I fixed Marinated Pork Loin, Roasted Peppers, Onions, Squash ans Zuchinni, all on the grill. Very low in cals. and fat. Soooo Good!!!!
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Spicy Noodle Soup with Beefless Beef Tips.

House Foods - Tofu Shirataki Angel Hair Shaped Noodle Substitute, 16 oz
    Veg - Green Onion, 1/2 cup (25g)
    Carrots - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
    Celery - Raw, 1 cup chopped
    Ginger root - Raw, 1 tsp
    House of Tsang - Hot Chili Sesame Oil, 4 tsp
    Gardein - Beef Tips, 1 container (1 9/10 cups ea.)
    Rapunzel - Vegan Vegetable Boullion, No Salt Added, 4 cubes

Dinner plus lunch for the next few days! I've been a big noodle kick since I found the House Foods Shirataki noodles. All the noodles, no guilt. And they made a good egg noodle replacer for us vegan folks.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I had wasa crackers topped (in this order) cottage cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, and tuna. The tuna had veganaise, onion and celery in it. Then I did a bunch of fresh cracked black pepper!! They were delicious!!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    edit: cant resize the pic but you get the idea

ground beef, rice and kale stuffed bell peppers

DSCN0152_1.jpg
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli slaw salad with 1 oz of grilled asian chicken..mixed with 2 tbsp of a vinaigrette(I made) Nummo! I'm having the same thing tomorrow for lunch but adding 1 tbsp of dried cranberries..can't wait! I LOVE broccoli slaw
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    I had an extra lean burger on hungry girl fold over bread with happy cow french onion spread and green leaf lettuce and a bowl of ham and bean soup. was super good!
  • crivera12398
    Options
    I had salmon baked with garlic n fresh dill n olive oil and lemon...delicious...my husbands fave recipe.
    Oh and cucumber salad. Yum!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm making a big pot of soup. Doing a slightly modified version of this one. I'm adding in some kale and carrots since I have a bunch to use up. It's SO good! :) I usually make a batch of corn muffins/cornbread to go with it but I'm skipping that today. No mix and I don't feel like going to the store.
    http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10806?section=

Ended up having a nice bowl of soup, 5 whole grain Ritz crackers, salad with yogurt blue cheese dressing and a 100 calorie pack of cranberry almond thins with 1/2 T Nutella. Yummo!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I made a huge pot of homemade vegetarian gumbo. Soooo good, and so filling!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We had spaghetti with mushrooms made with whole wheat pasta. Low cal and really tasty.
  • slimy72
    slimy72 Posts: 12
    Options
    I had lamb chops, and steamed cauliflower with a little fat free cheddar on it. For dessert, grilled pineapple. That stuff is my FAVORITE, and pretty low cal for such a tasty treat.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had spicy turkey bean chili with a bit of light sour cream and shredded cheese. Yuummmm. :)
  • kimdwl
    kimdwl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am making turkey and sweet potato burgers topped with blue cheese and a spicy Greek yoghurt sauce.
    Hope they are nice, i am sort of running with what i have here in the house tonight hehe.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I had a small salad with light ranch dressing and a grilled sirloin, 8 oz.