Should I eat more calories?

Options
Hello!

I started my fitness pal awhile back and have had minimal success when I actually follow the plan. My target is set at 1200 cals. per day and I am always STARVING if I stick to that. I recently started doing P90X two weeks ago and that has added to the hunger even more although I do eat the workout calories I gain back. I have seen some threads saying that it may b e helpful to eat more calories. Is there some kind of calculator that I can use to find out how much I should be eating to lose? I have about 25-30 lbs to lose. Following this plan for a few months I have lost no weight. In fact I either go up or down a lb or so every week. That's the only movement I have seen. UGH! I used to do weight watchers and had great success, but then again I never worked out on that plan. Help! TIA! :)

Replies

• Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I would definitely try it! What's the worst that can happen? I use to rat 1200 until I stalled! Then I upped it to 1400 and lost but then platitude, so I have just upped it to 1700 and will have to wait and see what happens!
  • Kellcollins8503
    Kellcollins8503 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! That thread is very helpful! :happy:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've reread your original post and I understand now.

If you're not losing on 1200 calories a day, either you're not calculating your calories in or out correctly OR you have a lower BMR due to low lean muscle mass.

I suggest doing some strength training to work on lean muscle mass and maybe talking to a GP about possible thyroid issues.