Party-in-a-Pitcher Sangria

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
sangria1_lrg2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 generous cup): 125 calories, 0g fat, 5mg sodium, 13g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 0.5g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

This sangria is CHOCK-FULL of fruit and deliciousness. Just don't underestimate the alcoholic intensity of fruit chunks that have been chilling in there for a while -- they're POTENT, people!

Ingredients:
1 bottle red wine
1 can Sprite Zero (or 1 1/2 cups of any diet lemon-lime soda)
1 cup Diet Ocean Spray Cranberry Pomegranate (or another flavor of Diet Ocean Spray)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 small orange, peeled and chopped
Half a Fuji apple, chopped
Half a slightly under-ripe banana, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (if canned, packed in juice)

Directions:
Place fruit in a large container that will not stain easily (like a glass pitcher or a high-quality plastic one). Cover fruit with wine and cranberry drink, and give mixture a good stir.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 hours. (It's TOTALLY worth it. Quit whining.)

Once ready to serve, add soda and give it a good stir. Pour and be sure to get a nice amount of fruit in each glass. Enjoy!

P.S. If you like your sangria with less alcohol per glass, add more of the cranberry drink until it tastes juuuuuust right.

MAKES 7 SERVINGS

Replies

• lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    :drinker:
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thats sounds like a great drink, im gonna try it. thanks :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    You're very welcome:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sounds good for the holiday! I can use some mangos that are killin me:laugh: any suggestion on the wine? I don't drink wine much so I have little exp w/brands
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Definitely MY kind of Party!!!!

Thanks!!! Gonna make this for my hubbys birthday BBQ in a couple weeks.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sounds good for the holiday! I can use some mangos that are killin me:laugh: any suggestion on the wine? I don't drink wine much so I have little exp w/brands

I can see this going over real good with a bottle of Lambrusco. Its cheap and available at most grocery stores. Its fruity and not dry, so would go great with all the other stuff! Yum yum!
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    :tongue:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Very welcome!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: