Darn Husbands!

Options
staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
My hubby has a really bad habit of eating like crap. Since I've been eating better and working out, he has started to come on board with me (which is great). However, last night he snuck into the kitchen. I could hear him fiddling around with something, so I asked him what he was doing. "Nothing" was his response. 5 minutes later, he walked out hiding something behind his back. I fought with him to see what it was. He had made one of my wraps (turkey, tomatoes, avocados, hummus, spinach and onions...my favorite). I didn't really mind that much and wondered why he would hide it until this morning. I opened the fridge to find my avocados gone and my spinach almost gone. Thanks, honey! :grumble:

Replies

• amberc82
    amberc82 Posts: 25
    Options
    Sounds like something my husband would do.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd be extatic if my husband snuck in to eat something healthy. Granted, it stinks that he ate all your stuff, especially if you needed it for lunch today, but my husband usually sneaks a handful of Oreo cookies, or ice cream. I wish he would jump on board with me, but I kind of think it's a lost cause on him.
  • staclo
    Options
    Honestly, I'd be extatic if my husband snuck in to eat something healthy. Granted, it stinks that he ate all your stuff, especially if you needed it for lunch today, but my husband usually sneaks a handful of Oreo cookies, or ice cream. I wish he would jump on board with me, but I kind of think it's a lost cause on him.

Oh I don't mind what he ate. I honestly just wish that he would have told me "hey, I'm eating the last of your avocados and the spinach is almost gone," because yes, I had planned on eating that stuff today!
  • a_new_mii
    a_new_mii Posts: 53
    Options
    Yeah, that drives me crazy when the kids eat all my healthy cereal and leave me with a cupboard of captain crunch and lucky charms. I just threaten to stop buying anything but rabbit food.
  • staclo
    Options
    Yeah, that drives me crazy when the kids eat all my healthy cereal and leave me with a cupboard of captain crunch and lucky charms. I just threaten to stop buying anything but rabbit food.

LOL, what's my hubby's excuse? He obviously knew that I wouldn't like it or he wouldn't have been so sneaky. I thought about yelling at him, but thankfully I have this site. I can just vent here and laugh it off.
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    My husband does this ALL THE TIME! and then sometimes he will say " It really didnt taste that good" WOW!:huh:

151375.png
  • staclo
    Options
    My husband does this ALL THE TIME! and then sometimes he will say " It really didnt taste that good" WOW!:huh:

151375.png

Haha, nice!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Mine brings home chocolate and snickers bars, smiles and says I know you love them, don't eat them now, just whenever you want to treat yourself, SABOTAGE at its best! I hate that he gets almost 1000 calories more than me in his diet, and then says, eat, it is all good stuff, what is the problem?

let him try 1260 instead of 2450 for a few days, grrrr:grumble: :grumble:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mine has a thing about more than one package being opened at a time...I buy him the regular cookies, for example and I get the 100 cal treats for me - he eats mine "just to finish them off" before he opens a new package....:mad:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have told mine he must buy extra if he is going to eat my food. at first he was 100% anti-hummus, then, one day, I came home to 4 containers of TJ's tomato basil hummus... we won't run out anytime soon:laugh:

and he knows he will die if he eats the last serving of pop chips, and miraculously, they stay stocked:bigsmile:

it's nice having him be in charge of grocery shopping:wink:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Yall are lucky I have a hubby that can eat the whole house ( and some nights he does) and not gain a pound. Must be nice to be 5ft 11 in and 125 pounds:grumble:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Mine just looks at me like I'm crazy when I put my small portions on my plate and don't take any seconds!!!! He will eat fresh broccoli and carrots if they're on the table, but otherwise he's pretty much a meat and potatoes guy, so he's cranky a lot now that I don't cook the same way anymore!! He'll grab salsa and a bag of tostitos and finish off the whole bag after the salsa is gone :grumble: :grumble: . He doesn't understand what I mean when I tell him he's "mindless munching" and needs to pour a bowl full of chips and not eat any more!!!

He's put on 20-25 lbs since he retired from the Army, all of it in his gut (which is NOT a healthy place to carry weight). Granted, he's got permanent soft tissue damage in his neck, but he could still do cardio. He also loves a good beer too:drinker: :drinker: Silly me - I bought him a kegerator when he came home from Iraq last summer. Needless to say, he and the neighbors polish off a mini-keg of Boulevard or Fosters very quickly, and then he wonders why his t-shirt size has changed to large????:laugh: :laugh:

But........... for the most part he supports my weight loss efforts, so I just tell him I'm really going to enjoy the insurance money when he croaks! :laugh: :laugh: That usually earns me a "bite me" comment:wink::wink:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I just tell mine when he weighs 300lbs he can find a new squeeze, that is too much squeeze for me!
    I remind him if he wants me to take care of myself, he has to do the same! Sounds mean but his dad died early from heart disease, I don't deserve to be a widow!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    I just tell mine when he weighs 300lbs he can find a new squeeze, that is too much squeeze for me!
    I remind him if he wants me to take care of myself, he has to do the same! Sounds mean but his dad died early from heart disease, I don't deserve to be a widow!

Czewwhat........ I feel the same way. :cry: His dad died of a heart attack at 43, but since he's passed that age he acts like it doesn't matter and he doesn't need to take care of himself!! :grumble: :grumble: Ahhhhh so frustrating!!!!:explode: :explode: :explode: Sometimes I think it's going to take a health crisis for him to start taking better care of himself:huh: :angry: :grumble:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    My boyfriend not only steals my food and then doesn't put on any weight, he also has the audacity to be a good cook and make me nice things for dinner! They generally are healthy, but he plans on making me this mushroom and chicken wrapped in parma ham dish...which takes me over on my protein by quite a bit :sad: It's pure torture!!
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How do you motive your husbands to work out with out going over the line and being disrespectful??

My boyfriend of 7 years got laid off from his job last year and has fallen into a BAD slump right now. He used to take care of his body - worked out, ate healthy - he was in shape and took pride in his body.......but now he plays his damn computer game all day and eats like crap. According to the Wii Fit he is now obese. I stopped buying junk food, but now he goes out and gets it himself (pop, chips). Hes very encouraging to me and my goals, but I can't get him to turn off the computer and start being healthy with me. HELP ME!!!! :ohwell:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mine is lucky that at 55 he still has the metabolism of a hummingbird! I'm fortunate in that he will eat whatever I put in front of him, so he's quite ok with my healthy dinners- but the key is I have to put it in front of him. He does things like tell me at 2 o'clock he is starving cause he hasn't eaten breakfast yet...or rather than even putting together a sandwich for lunch he just starves and then he grabs a bag or box of whatever is open.

He is at home all day - I work away from home....I can't babysit his mealplan, but he doesn't get that just cause he's skinny doesn't mean he doesn't need to eat properly. ps - he thinks this way of eating is his weight control plan.....:noway:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    How do you motive your husbands to work out with out going over the line and being disrespectful??

My boyfriend of 7 years got laid off from his job last year and has fallen into a BAD slump right now. He used to take care of his body - worked out, ate healthy - he was in shape and took pride in his body.......but now he plays his damn computer game all day and eats like crap. According to the Wii Fit he is now obese. I stopped buying junk food, but now he goes out and gets it himself (pop, chips). Hes very encouraging to me and my goals, but I can't get him to turn off the computer and start being healthy with me. HELP ME!!!! :ohwell:

My bf is also a computer addict, I feel your pain. I made him go swimming with me, could you maybe do some activities together? I usually make dinner for us to make sure it's healthy, or leave out the ingrediants for him to make something healthy. But in the end if he really doesn't want to, I guess there's no making him :ohwell:
  • staclo
    Options

My hubby is pretty self-conscious about his looks, so it wasn't too hard for me to motivate him. He watched me starting to eat well and workout, and he definitely doesn't want to be shown up by his wife, so he's jumping on board. However, it's really hard to get someone else to want to do something. I think that you should just keep doing what you are doing, and be a good example to him without saying too much. If he used to care about his body, he will again, especially when he sees you having success!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    But in the end if he really doesn't want to, I guess there's no making him :ohwell:

Sadly, that is the truth.